Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess GCN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Intel Core i3-4150 cpu 3.50 GHz
8GB ram
64 bit Windows 10
876 GB free of 918 GB
Dell Desktop Tower
Twilight Princess Gamecube

I am running Dolphin and am playing Twilight Princess on it. The game runs fine when I am in villages such as Oradon and Kariko and the dungeons such as Forest Temple, but when I am in Farron Woods and Hyrule Field, the game lags. Those are the only places the game lags so far as Zora's river, Lake Hylia, Oradon Village, Kariko, Death Mountain, etc all run great. I have not made it to the rest of the places yet as I am on the protecting Telma's Carriage to Kariko mission right before you can go to Lakebed Temple. When I had to do the battle with the green guy riding the bull while guiding the carriage, the game didn't lag and this was still in Hyrule Field, however once I knocked the guy off the bridge, the game returned to lag. So, to sum this up, the entire game doesn't lag, just parts, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it. Wind Waker Mario Kart, and Road Rage (also GCN) work flawlessly with no lag whatsoever. Just thought I'd bring this to your attention since it looks like this isn't mentioned anywhere as of yet.
You didn't mention your GPU, so I'm assuming you're using the integrated iGPU from your i3. With that said, your PC isn't exactly powerful (especially for problematic titles like Twilight Princess) but have you tried enabling the Hyrule Field Speed Hack? You can do that by right clicking the game in the game list > Properties > Patches tab > Hyrule Field Speed Hack, but keep in mind the mini-map will look slightly worse with this hack active...

EDIT: also, if you're still using 5.0 stable, I suggest updating to the recent development versions, they should give you some performance increases compared to stable (which is quite old at this point).
This can be closed now. I enabled the Hyrule Speed Hack and the game runs fast everywhere now. I stumbled upond it before reading this reply, tried it and all is good.