Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Serious graphical glitches and missing textures on my linux pc in wii games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SwagiYo

Hi all, I'm a new Linux user and have been for a few months.

The other day i wanted to play some Mario Kart Wii and went in to my Software manager and found the Dolphin emulator.

Every thing went smoothly and set up my xbox360 controller, but then i was greeted with missing and glitched textures.
At first i was not to worried because its pretty normal for emulators to act up.

So I went in to the settings and set it to software render, now it worked right! but it is pretty hard to play at 8 fps.
Back to openGL and try the different settings, but i didn't have any luck with any combination i could find.

Then like most of life's problems, i tried to google the answer, but no luck there either.  Sad

So now I'm asking the support forum.

Thanks in advance  Wink

Btw, I attached some screenshots of the configurations and an example of my ingame problem.

My Specs:

Operating System:    Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon
Cinnamon Version:   3.8.9
Linux Kernel:             4.15.0-38-generic
Processor:                 Intel© Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Memory:                    15.6 GiB
Graphics Card:          NVIDIA GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB]
Are you using nouveau or proprietary drivers?

SwagiYo

I'm using a proprietary Nvidia driver 396.54, if that's what you mean?
You might want to try uninstalling DOlphin from your software manager, and instead build from source to see if you have the same issue
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...n_on_Linux

SwagiYo

Thank you very much! this made it work, kinda.
OpenGL still doesn't work, but now i have the choice of using Vulkan, and it work flawlessly.

For people wondering, these are the commands i used for Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (in order used):

sudo apt install cmake pkg-config git libao-dev libasound2-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libbluetooth-dev libenet-dev libgtk2.0-dev liblzo2-dev libminiupnpc-dev libopenal-dev libpulse-dev libreadline-dev libsfml-dev libsoil-dev libsoundtouch-dev libswscale-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libwxbase3.0-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libxext-dev libxrandr-dev portaudio19-dev zlib1g-dev libudev-dev libevdev-dev "libpolarssl-dev|libmbedtls-dev" libcurl4-openssl-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libpng-dev qtbase5-private-dev

git clone https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin.git dolphin-emu

cd ./dolphin-emu

mkdir Build && cd Build

cmake ..

make

sudo make install

dolphin-emu