Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error super smash bros brawl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
could help me with this error is that I do not know why I get when playing Super smash bros brawl

IntCPU: Unknown Instruction 00000000 at PC ? 00000008 Last_PC =8132ffc8 LR=801ad690
Do you have a good dump of the game?
(12-13-2018, 11:10 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a good dump of the game?

[color=#212121]everything works well, the game goes fast, but when I put geckos and leave a game I get that error[/color]
(12-14-2018, 08:13 AM)Megareno Wrote: [ -> ][color=#212121]everything works well, the game goes fast, but when I put geckos and leave a game I get that error[/color]

A bad dump may work fine - until it tries to read some of the corrupt data. It's a good idea to calculate the md5 hash of the game (calculated in dolphin by right-clicking on the game, selecting 'properties', and clicking 'calculate' on the MD5 Checksum line in the 'info' tab) - if that matches the 'known good' md5 (like on gametdb.com) it's a good dump.

If it doesn't match, then it's likely a bad dump and needs to be redumped (it seems weirdly common to get bad dumps or files to get corrupted). This also assumes you haven't modified the dump in any way (either through some mod patcher, scrubbing it or lossy compression - if you did that then the md5 is near useless).
The issue is likely that you don't have Gecko OS setup correctly or the mod itself is not working correctly.
(12-14-2018, 10:00 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]A bad dump may work fine - until it tries to read some of the corrupt data. It's a good idea to calculate the md5 hash of the game (calculated in dolphin by right-clicking on the game, selecting 'properties', and clicking 'calculate' on the MD5 Checksum line in the 'info' tab) - if that matches the 'known good' md5 (like on gametdb.com) it's a good dump.

If it doesn't match, then it's likely a bad dump and needs to be redumped (it seems weirdly common to get bad dumps or files to get corrupted). This also assumes you haven't modified the dump in any way (either through some mod patcher, scrubbing it or lossy compression - if you did that then the md5 is near useless).

already check the md5 and if they vary, what can be done in this case?
(12-14-2018, 10:00 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]A bad dump may work fine - until it tries to read some of the corrupt data. It's a good idea to calculate the md5 hash of the game (calculated in dolphin by right-clicking on the game, selecting 'properties', and clicking 'calculate' on the MD5 Checksum line in the 'info' tab) - if that matches the 'known good' md5 (like on gametdb.com) it's a good dump.

[color=#212121]if my md5 does not match me could you say what else can I do? It is that it already calculates it but it is not equal to the one of the page[/color]
(12-19-2018, 11:35 AM)Megareno Wrote: [ -> ][color=#212121]if my md5 does not match me could you say what else can I do? It is that it already calculates it but it is not equal to the one of the page[/color]

You can redump the game and hope that this dump is a good one.