Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword emulating at half speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ArchSublime

Hello everyone, new to the forums here. I got Dolphin set up about a week ago and my PAL version of Skyward Sword was running perfectly fine at full speed. I took a break for several days to take care of some school-related stuff, fired up Skyward Sword today and find that performance in-game has been halved (24-25 fps). This does not seem to be hardware related at all. Background processes are completely normal, nothing else is taking up excessive resources and I keep my computer clean with regular scans and restarts. I did play Super Paper Mario several days ago just to test my dump (and it worked fine), but I am pretty sure that I did not change any settings. I seem to be getting the same performance regardless of backend or Anti-Aliasing (I had been using D3D11 and SMAA x4). I switched to Vulkan and turned off AA, set resolution to native, disabled custom textures (I was using an HD texture pack) and the frame rate is still halved. What are some things I should check that might cause this?

Win 10 Pro x64
i7-7700K @4.7 GHz
GTX 1080 Ti
16GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
850 Evo SSD (game+Dolphin)

Settings:
[attachment=17635][attachment=17636][attachment=17637]
Skyward Sword should run at 30/25 fps. If you mean vps it should be 60/50. If it is running at half speed it is probably running on the iGPU or the GPU/CPU are in some sort of power saving.
Did you install a GPU driver update? Nvidia pushed one out within the past few days. Check to make sure the driver isn't forcing V-sync or something. Also check that you have a Dolphin profile setup in the Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings to have the Power Management Mode use Maximum Performance? Your GPU might think Dolphin doesn't need all that power and is staying in a low-power state.

Have you updated to the latest 5.0 dev build?