Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How Do I Properly Set The Resolution To Record With OBS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ThisPokemonDumb

I've recorded 100's of videos games over the years. But when I set dolphin emulator to the desired resolution and set the same resolution in OBS and tell OBS to record the dolphin emulator it never actually fills up the OBS screen properly. there's always black bars and i have to start cropping and scaling and measuring out the actual dimensions. What do I do to do this right? Do you guys understand what I mean? It's weird. This is the onlyp rogram I've used where the dimensions you set the resolution to don't actually match up to those dimensions.
Couple of questions:
1. What are your computer specs? Please fill out your profile with model numbers and the Windows version you have (7/8/10)
2. Are you using Dolphin 5.0 or the latest 5.0 dev build? If you're on anything older than 5.0 stable, you need to update because we don't give support to builds older than that. The 5.0 dev builds are the fastest Dolphin has ever been.
3. What do you mean by setting the desired resolution? Are you doing that with the Internal Resolution settings and the Force Aspect ration, or the .ini file settings?
4. The GameCube and Wii aren't perfect 4:3 or 16:9 because of how CRT televisions are supposed to work with overscan or something of the like (I don't remember in detail). To fix that, do you have the Crop function turned on in the Graphics tab under Advanced > Misc?
5. If using 16:9, are you using any cheat codes to help fix the screen stretching? We have a thread on the forum under Cheats, Hack, & Game Patches called the Unofficial Widescreen Development Topic