Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Thank you so much, Dolphin devs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

slickracer

I just want to thank the developers of Dolphin for making such an awesome program.

My Gamecube broke more than five years ago. I bought a PS2 and never looked back.

Just a few days ago I was looking through my old things when I found my old Gamecube games. I didn't care for most, but when I saw my old copy of Metroid Prime, I suddenly had a rush of nostalgia for the game. I had almost forgotten what an amazing experience that was.

Sometimes I'd just be on the bus or lying in bed and I'd remember this song. I knew it was from a video game but I couldn't remember what it was. When I saw my Metroid Prime copy I suddenly realized it was the music from Phendrana Drifts.

I went online, learned about the emulator, and within an hour I was playing again. What an amazing experience. All of a sudden I felt like I was 15 years old again, sitting in my living room on Christmas Day. I remember when you first land on Tallon IV, it's raining, and if you look up you can see raindrops hitting your helmet visor. What a feeling.

Good luck with future advancements on the emulator. It's kind of slow on my computer, but it makes me so happy just to be able to play the game that I don't mind all that much.
This is nice. Have fun playing Smile
To speed it up, try setting frame-skipping under the emulation settings to 2 or 3. Makes it much more playable on slow machines. Just remember to set it every time you start dolphin because it reverts to 0.
Oh yeah. If the developers would not made such a program like this, we would be with doubts. We should say:"thanks" at least.

Zard256

A Million thanks. Saving me from my disk eating wii! lol
Suggestion 2 -

1. Dump your Metroid Prime Trilogy disc.
2. Get a Bluetooth adapter.
3. Get the Wiimote and Nunchuk from your Wii.
4. ???
5. E-N-J-O-Y.

[bad Gouken - edited by mod] :p
O.o Dont mention: "Download"
Whoops.

Still, Acquiring a copy would be good.
(12-08-2009, 08:14 AM)Gouken20xx Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion 2 -

1. Dump your Metroid Prime Trilogy disc.
That is better. Smile