Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NetPlay Issue (Wiimote?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Erapty

Hello, i recently found out about dolphin, and i wanted to play with my friends at a wii game. The game (Kirby return to dreamland) run perfectly in solo, but in NetPlay it has some issue. We tried for hours trying to fix but we didn’t actually found a good way. It freezes just at the first wii image or de syncs the host at 30 frame ca. . Have any ideas of what happened? We used wiimote emulators, we tried having same keybinds, we were using last version, dual core was disabled. Can it be that this version of Dolphin isn’t compatible with wiimotes on NetPlay? (version 9202 and 9196)

(Sorry for bad english i’m italian)
You have to be very, very exact with your settings in order to get Wii Remote Netplay to work. It is supported, but, it's really difficult to setup.

Erapty

(12-05-2018, 09:33 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to be very, very exact with your settings in order to get Wii Remote Netplay to work.  It is supported, but, it's really difficult to setup.

So we must have the exact same configuration?
(12-06-2018, 02:12 AM)Erapty Wrote: [ -> ]So we must have the exact same configuration?

Yup. Every setting should be the same. You should also have the very same dev build (for reference, 5.0-9206 is the latest).
The setup needs to be the same, if player 1 has a nunchuck and player 2 has a classic controller, both must set player 1 to nunchuck and player 2 to classic controller. The keybinding can be different. To be more precise, they must be different, since player 2 needs to set up his bindings on the 2nd controller. This is opposed to how it works on gamecube, where both players just set up their 1st controller.

There's actually a pr that is aiming to fix half of the issue:
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/7585
Maybe it could be expanded to also switch the key bindings, so it works the same way as it works for gamecube controllers.