Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Booting Game from Extracted Game Files (Not Working)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dribbz

So I've ran into a bit of a problem and I could use some help. I'm looking to boot up a Wii game from the extracted files I've pulled from it. I've extracted the game files from the iso into a new folder using Dolphin 5.0's built in extractor (File system menu). The goal is to boot the game up from the dumped files, but I can't figure out how to do so.

So from what I gathered online, I need to set my Config DVD path and Apploader to the correct folders. I'm not sure if that's an outdated method or the current way of doing it, but my biggest issue is that I don't have a main.dol file generated while dumping the game. I'm assuming I need that, and that goes in the root? How does one get that? An apploader file appears in the root of the dumped game already.

If I'm doing this incorrectly, does someone know the correct way to do it?
The way to do this in 5.0 is kinda messy and has limited compatibility. Update to the latest development version and re-extract the game (with the Extract Entire Disc option). Then you'll be able to run the game by just launching sys/main.dol, without having to set up any paths in the settings.

Dribbz

(12-03-2018, 10:16 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The way to do this in 5.0 is kinda messy and has limited compatibility. Update to the latest development version and re-extract the game (with the Extract Entire Disc option). Then you'll be able to run the game by just launching sys/main.dol, without having to set up any paths in the settings.

Thanks! I'll give this a whirl this afternoon.