Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't select an adapter for OpenGL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mimimax

So I was recently playing and wanted to use the OpenGL backend, but I am unable choose a video adapter for it, rendering the games (depending on the dolphin version/revision/fork) unbootable or really glitchy, as if I were either using "null" or "software rendered" backends. It's happening with any version/revision/fork of Dolphin, even the ones where there's no option to change adapters (other backends work fine as intended everywhere). I am on Windows 10 and it's up to date so I suspect that is the reason as I've seen people in many places note about windows 10 breaking OpenGL and other things after an update, but never found any viable solution to this. Any help/solution is apreciated. Here's a print of my screen showing the issue as proof on 5.0-9178: https://imgur.com/a/suxplBE
Not being able to choose a video adapter is how OpenGL is expected to work. The problem you're having must be caused by something else.
Make sure you have enabled your High Performance profile in the NVidia Control panel, so Dolphin uses your GTX 1050 instead of your integrated Intel GPU (which usually sucks at GL on Windows).

Mimimax

Thank you very much for clarifying how it works and telling how to fix it! It really worked. I went through a lot of unnecessary trouble that wasn't worth it at first, and even though I didn't know how to fix it before, I'm glad it's working fine now.