Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to put motion blur in games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Andreotto

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum. I've been using Dolphin for over one year now and i always asked to myself "how to put a motion blur effect in the games i play".
Ok so, with "Motion Blur", i mean that really cool old school effect that can appear in Smash Bros Brawl videos etc..

One example of what i mean is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOVqQNi3_fE
(i do not own the video, i just found it while looking for some Smash Bros Brawl mods)

That's it. I only asked if you guys could help me in this thing. Thanks in advance! Have a nice day!
I'm guessing there are post processing shaders that could do something like this? I don't know if any exist for Dolphin quite yet, but, it's probably not too hard.
Reshade has a lot of motion blur filters already, like accumulation buffer and others. Give those a try!

ThisPokemonDumb

I personally don't like motion blur. It looks like ghosting problems from a bad encoding of the video. I don't think most people want to see motion blur. It ruins the video but that's just my opinion.
The quality of motion blur depends on its implementation.
The one from Red Dead Redemption 2 is a very good one for exemple, blurring only objects instead of the whole frame, feeling more like a natural camera motion blur that exists in all movies, really helps a lot for a 30 FPS game.