Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: F-Zero GX 3rd stage sudden slow down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

When playing F-Zero GX on the third-course, the game speed suddenly drops to 60% although of my laptop ability to handle the first two courses, with resolution reaching 8x native 5k, at full speed 100%. I have tried to reduce the resolution to native but the speed stayed at the range between 60% and 70%. I do not know why it slows down at the third stage of the ruby cub.

Note: I am using Asynchronous (Ubershaders) and have selected compile shaders before starting.

To reproduce the issue:
1) run the NTSC U version of F-Zero GX
2) select Grand Prix
3)  Ruby cup
4) select a character
5) win the first two course
6) now you are in the third-course where the speed drops 
This is the third course
This problem is noted on the wiki page https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ect.2FBlur
It notes that vulkan runs faster and that enabling Skip EFB Access from CPU will stop the problematic effect entirely.

Unrelated, but IIRC dolphin doesn't have a good downscaler when running at a higher resolution than your monitor. Putting the internal resolution to match your monitor and increasing anti aliasing should get a better picture. Maybe this has changed, but this should work better.