Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gabest already has Dx11 Plugin for Ps2 ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was updating my pcsx2 emu today and found that the GsDx video plugin
already runs on Dx11. Ima test it with my New Ati 5750 today see how much more
Power I get since Dx11 is supposed to be faster than dx10.

I wonder if theres a program that converts dx9 to dx11 code or something haha.
Dam these lucky ass ps2 emu guys. Undecided

Oehr

gsdx uses dx10?!

and no you cant just "patch" something so that it uses directxXX technology. if its written for directxA, it doesnt use directxB. its like patching a app intended for mac to run on windows. just not that extreme. If you want to use the features that come with dx10 or 11, you have to rewrite the plugin. the games wont look more awesome, but there might be a small speed boost when done properly. other than that, not necessary! not to mention, there are very few people with dx11 cards out there...
Errrhm, I'd better move it to off-topic, it's not related to Dolphin
(12-05-2009, 07:47 AM)Oehr Wrote: [ -> ]gsdx uses dx10?!

and no you cant just "patch" something so that it uses directxXX technology. if its written for directxA, it doesnt use directxB. its like patching a app intended for mac to run on windows. just not that extreme. If you want to use the features that come with dx10 or 11, you have to rewrite the plugin. the games wont look more awesome, but there might be a small speed boost when done properly. other than that, not necessary!

Gsdx actually can use DX10 and DX11 to render PS2 game, it is also faster and more stable than the DX9 version of Gsdx. The PS2 doesn't use DirectX, it uses an in house derivative of OpenGL. With emulation it is possible to render and output graphics using the DirectX API.

:Edit: Eh, misunderstood you..

Technically it wouldn't require a rewrite to include DX10 or DX11 support. Support for a DX10 or DX11 renderer can be added into the existing plugin, and add a dropdown menu which allows users to choose what renderer to use. It's not easy to do and requires a bit of work, but it wouldn't require an entire rewrite of the plugin.

Does anyone know if Dolphin takes advantage of the SSSE3 and SSE4 instruction sets like Pcsx2 does or does Dolphin only support SSE2? If Dolphin lacks SSSE3 and SSE4 support, would adding support for these instruction sets into the existing graphics plugins offer a slight performance advantage for Dolphin as well?
(12-05-2009, 08:39 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]

and no you cant just "patch" something so that it uses directxXX technology. if its written for directxA, it doesnt use directxB. its like patching a app intended for mac to run on windows. just not that extreme. If you want to use the features that come with dx10 or 11, you have to rewrite the plugin. the games wont look more awesome, but there might be a small speed boost when done properly. other than that, not necessary!

Gsdx actually can use DX10 and DX11 to render PS2 game, it is also faster and more stable than the DX9 version of Gsdx. The PS2 doesn't use DirectX, it uses an in house derivative of OpenGL. With emulation it is possible to render and output graphics using the DirectX API.

wish that guy worked on the dolphin emu . he seems to be pro.He enables sse4 also wich i dont know what it does but probably boost fps
wish i could affort a cheap Dx11 ATI already Y_Y

Oehr

(12-05-2009, 08:39 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]

:Edit: Eh, misunderstood you..

Technically it wouldn't require a rewrite to include DX10 or DX11 support. Support for a DX10 or DX11 renderer can be added into the existing plugin, and add a dropdown menu which allows users to choose what renderer to use. It's not easy to do and requires a bit of work, but it wouldn't require an entire rewrite of the plugin.

Does anyone know if Dolphin takes advantage of the SSSE3 and SSE4 instruction sets like Pcsx2 does or does Dolphin only support SSE2? If Dolphin lacks SSSE3 and SSE4 support, would adding support for these instruction sets into the existing graphics plugins offer a slight performance advantage for Dolphin as well?
well dolphin does check for sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1 and sse4.2 support when running a game... see here:
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...Detect.cpp

though that doesn't mean anything.

P.S. as for rewrite plugin i actually meant heavily modify. sry..
actually the dx 11 plugin is currently just a dx10 plugin. It uses no different code really and can even function perfectly on dx10.1 . It's really just a place holder for now
(12-05-2009, 07:34 AM)master9716 Wrote: [ -> ]I was updating my pcsx2 emu today and found that the GsDx video plugin
already runs on Dx11. Ima test it with my New Ati 5750 today see how much more
Power I get since Dx11 is supposed to be faster than dx10.

I wonder if theres a program that converts dx9 to dx11 code or something haha.
Dam these lucky ass ps2 emu guys. Undecided

sorry to pop your balloon my friend but in the last few commits in google code DX11 is still in prebeta stages and based on test's that some of the pcsx2 team did not get any good things out of yet [because the guy thats supposed to be committing on it is currently on an unknown long term vacation {yup its gabest himself}] so its kinda very buggy ex: sps,inverted colors and etc. so just use DX10 for now

dont worry work on this plugin will resume when gabest return last time I heard he disappeared after finishing work on DX9 plugin [a year or more I think] and cameback with a bang cuz he finished a working DX10. so I think hes taking the same amount of time he took the last time and maybe he's secretly furnishing a DX11 plugin who knows!
(12-05-2009, 09:57 AM)extreme64 Wrote: [ -> ]actually the dx 11 plugin is currently just a dx10 plugin. It uses no different code really and can even function perfectly on dx10.1 . It's really just a place holder for now

Yep, exactly. The DirectX11 plugin doesn't do anything right now.

PCSX2 has had a DirectX10 plugin for a long time now guys... this is not new lol. It's much better than the DirectX9 plugin. It requires slightly more horsepower, but the emulation is far, far better.

I've been using it for a while, PCSX2 is a very, very strong emulator.

That PCSX2 has enabled PCs to software emulate the Graphics Synthesizer of the PS2 (which uses EDRAM, has bandwidth beyond that of anything in any PCs or even current consoles) is nothing short of amazing.