Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Remove HUD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, a simple question, it would be possible to remove all the huds of the game? all the bars you see in the picture? thank you
[Image: 8e5c241046797244.png]
Most of those elements appear to be textures, and you can remove those pretty easily! Dump the textures (start dumping before the HUD appears, stop dumping after it appears), find the hud textures, and create blank PNGs with the names of the textures you dumped, and place those into [global user directory]/Load/Textures/[GameID]. Then run the game with Load Custom Textures enabled, and if you got all of the textures, the HUD will be gone!

This trick doesn't work on 3D HUD elements though.
(11-28-2018, 08:34 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Most of those elements appear to be textures, and you can remove those pretty easily! Dump the textures (start dumping before the HUD appears, stop dumping after it appears), find the hud textures, and create blank PNGs with the names of the textures you dumped, and place those into [global user directory]/Load/Textures/[GameID]. Then run the game with Load Custom Textures enabled, and if you got all of the textures, the HUD will be gone!

thanks, the images to be made PNG blanks are so many, is there a fast way?
(11-28-2018, 08:34 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Most of those elements appear to be textures, and you can remove those pretty easily! Dump the textures (start dumping before the HUD appears, stop dumping after it appears), find the hud textures, and create blank PNGs with the names of the textures you dumped, and place those into [global user directory]/Load/Textures/[GameID]. Then run the game with Load Custom Textures enabled, and if you got all of the textures, the HUD will be gone!

I tried to delete the contents of some textures, but in the game I only see squares and white rectangles, I think I have kept the transparency Huh
it didn't work for me, I see it
[Image: d712521337806020.png]

some huds I managed to remove, some not.
Why?