Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are gamecube games bigger than 1GB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, they are all the same size (unless you compress them) ~1.5 GB
(11-28-2018, 04:53 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, they are all the same size (unless you compress them) ~1.5 GB

So my pc can run these game look at my profile my pc specs
(11-28-2018, 04:55 AM)Cherry44 Wrote: [ -> ]So my pc can run these game look at my profile my pc specs

No idea. You didn't specify your CPU, only that it is an Intel Core i5. Your GPU ain't that great through probably. And... You might need at least 8 GB of RAM since you're running Windows 10.

You should try the latest development build. The Stable 5.0 is a bit old now, but it is still officially supported... until 6.0 arrives in the distant future.
(11-28-2018, 05:22 AM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]No idea. You didn't specify your CPU, only that it is an Intel Core i5. Your GPU ain't that great through. And... You might need at least 8 GB of RAM since you're running Windows 10.

You should try the latest development build. The Stable 5.0 is a bit old now, but it is still officially supported... until 6.0 arrives in the distant future.

I5-7400
(11-28-2018, 05:26 AM)Cherry44 Wrote: [ -> ]I5-7400

That should certainly work. Pretty great and decent actually. I don't really know what the disc size of a GameCube game has to do with not being able to emulate with acceptable speeds. Game-size isn't really a factor for performance, unless your hard disk is way too old, slow and outdated.
Even the slowest hard drives installed in the bare minimum PCs that we technically support are a good deal faster than a Wii's disc drive.
Size doesn't affect speed. If you really want, you can always right click the game in the gamelist and click compress, although that might make it slightly (unnoticeably) slower since it has to decompress it (or maybe it doesn't and I'm just too used to the PSP and .csos).
Your computer looks good Smile. But sound and gameplay might be a little laggy.
If I recall correctly, the ISOs are not compressed but trimmed. All of my GameCube games are trimmed so I can see the real size. The range I got goes from 262 MB with Wario World, to 1.35 GB for Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.
Pages: 1 2