Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What are the best settings I could reasonably expect to run with my PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are my specs: 

[attachment=17593

I've tried several games on Dolphin such as Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. After about half an hour of messing around with graphics settings and testing games, I cannot conclude what the best settings I can generally run are. Path of Radiance was just about laggless with max settings, but Mario Kart struggled a lot with settings like that. Can anyone tell me what I should be able to reasonably run with my hardware?
(11-26-2018, 07:27 PM)Nehpets700 Wrote: [ -> ]Here are my specs: 

I've tried several games on Dolphin such as Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. After about half an hour of messing around with graphics settings and testing games, I cannot conclude what the best settings I can generally run are. Path of Radiance was just about laggless with max settings, but Mario Kart struggled a lot with settings like that. Can anyone tell me what I should be able to reasonably run with my hardware?

Your attachment won't load.. also if you specs are the same as your profile your PC-Setup pretty great to run the Dolphin-Emu

What did you mean max settings? lag = spikes shuttering? or FPS drops?
(11-26-2018, 11:01 PM)BlackAngel Wrote: [ -> ]Your attachment won't load.. also if you specs are the same as your profile your PC-Setup pretty great to run the Dolphin-Emu

What did you mean max settings? lag = spikes shuttering? or FPS drops?

Yikes, sorry about that. Not sure what I did wrong. Here's an imgur link instead. https://i.imgur.com/kAVqaOL.png

Thinking on it, max settings probably wasn't the most ideal wording. Should have clarified that when I said that, I meant I had Enhancements boosted up almost all the way (for what would make a difference to my monitor, anyway).
Here's what it looked like.
Internal Resolution: (1920x1584) for 1080p
Anti-Aliasing 8x MSAA
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
These were the primary things I played around with.
As far as lag goes, I spikes, I didn't have FPS issues otherwise.
(11-27-2018, 07:08 AM)Nehpets700 Wrote: [ -> ]Yikes, sorry about that. Not sure what I did wrong. Here's an imgur link instead. https://i.imgur.com/kAVqaOL.png

Thinking on it, max settings probably wasn't the most ideal wording. Should have clarified that when I said that, I meant I had Enhancements boosted up almost all the way (for what would make a difference to my monitor, anyway).
Here's what it looked like.
Internal Resolution: (1920x1584) for 1080p
Anti-Aliasing 8x MSAA
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
These were the primary things I played around with.
As far as lag goes, I spikes, I didn't have FPS issues otherwise.

Yeap..well.. I think you mean frame shuttering, like freezing for a moment, that's a classic issue to dolphin-emu but you can eliminate that issue..
if you don't mind you you can read that article Ubershaders: A Ridiculous Solution to an Impossible Problem

Newest Dolphin Version has a kinda different settings to solve shuttering problems

Graphics > General Tab > Shader Compilation
1. Synchronous
2. Asynchronous
[X] Compile Shaders before staring.

Go for Asynchronous ...
Also, with the intel GPU driver make sure you're using the DX11 backend. I believe Intel's windows OpenGL and vulkan drivers are known to have some issues.
(11-28-2018, 07:43 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]Also, with the intel GPU driver make sure you're using the DX11 backend. I believe Intel's windows OpenGL and vulkan drivers are known to have some issues.

Hmm, I'm only given options for OpenGL, Direct3D 11, Vulkan, Software Renderer, and Null.
(11-28-2018, 07:40 AM)BlackAngel Wrote: [ -> ]Yeap..well.. I think you mean frame shuttering, like freezing for a moment, that's a classic issue to dolphin-emu but you can eliminate that issue..
if you don't mind you you can read that article Ubershaders: A Ridiculous Solution to an Impossible Problem

Newest Dolphin Version has a kinda different settings to solve shuttering problems

Graphics > General Tab > Shader Compilation
1. Synchronous
2. Asynchronous
[X] Compile Shaders before staring.

Go for Asynchronous ...

I'll give this a try. Thanks!