Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having a few issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just got Twilight Princess iso and Dolphin for the first time, and I'd really appreciate some help here.

The game loads fine, but it is extremely scratchy/pixelated and there is no sound. I am also unable to get it to use my 360 controller, even though i have it enabled.

Please help. Been wanting to play this game for years.

Computer specs:

8gigs of ram
Vista 64bit
Ati IceQ 3
Pentinum Quad
etc etc. (my computer is able to play all of bethesda's games with video settings maxed and no lag, so hardware is not a problem.)
Use latest version
Just downloaded Dolphin yesterday, so I assume I have the latest version
nothing?
Did u give the D3D Plugin a try or are you using OpenGL?
odds are you downloaded it from dolphins main page which isnt the latest build, get it from here:

Code:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2332.html

also if its looking pixelated you should try increasing the resolution in graphic settings, and uncheck "Native" or "2x"

as far as sound goes, go to DSP settings, make sure youre using the DSP-HLE plugin and make sure "Enable HLE Audio" is checked and the volume is up
Ah, there might be the issue. Download link for recommended plugin?

Also, sound is fixed, still having controller issues though.
plugins are included and just so you know dolphin makes a 4ghz i7 not powerful enough in a couple games at a couple spots so never assume it's not your hardware in modern emulation
(12-05-2009, 06:24 AM)sok98 Wrote: [ -> ]odds are you downloaded it from dolphins main page which isnt the latest build, get it from here:

Code:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2332.html

also if its looking pixelated you should try increasing the resolution in graphic settings, and uncheck "Native" or "2x"

as far as sound goes, go to DSP settings, make sure youre using the DSP-HLE plugin and make sure "Enable HLE Audio" is checked and the volume is up

Okay, you are right, I had downloaded it from the site. Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out once I've screwed with the settings a bit.

UPDATE:

No video with Direct3D9 so I'm using OpenGL.

Intro playes fine, but when I press "A+B" it starts to do that, nearly frozen, repetitive tones thing and the menu seems like it doesn't want to fully load. I checked my performance while this was going on and not even half of my ram or cpu is being used when this happens.

Also, still not picking up my 360 controller.
Okay, it seems to be the "Checking Wii System Memory" screen that is causing it because the game works fine up until then, and I had a few seconds before it popped up and the cursor was working fine, but the minute it started "Checking Wii System Memory," the game slowed way down. (The computer itself is running as fast as normal outside of the program, but the application itself seems to slow to a near halt.)
Pages: 1 2