Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can I increase input strength?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Fugums

I'm trying to play some DJ Hero since I came across a free controller. I can get Dolphin to recognize the "scratching" of the platter as Left Y +/-, but it detects it as such a low amount that the game doesn't pick it up.

How can I increase the strength of this? I imagine there is a way to multiply the input amount in the .ini file, but I don't know enough about coding to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is what the settings look like in my .ini. There has to be a way to multiply this, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Turntable/Table Left/Left = `Left Y+`
Turntable/Table Left/Right = `Left Y-`

Thanks in advance! I've been playing around with this for a couple hours to no avail.
Are you using one for a different console or the wii version?
If you right click an input, there should be a slider you can increase on the advanced input editing.

Fugums

(11-24-2018, 02:22 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If you right click an input, there should be a slider you can increase on the advanced input editing.

You are right! This didn't fix the problem, but it put me on the right course.

For anyone who finds this googling or whatever here is how you make the turntable register almost perfectly:

Do what JMC47 said, so on version 5.0 of Dolphin when you go to set your turntable hotkeys Right click the slot.  Set it to "left Y-/+" accordingly, and then set the range to 500.  This is not enough range, because the controller in windows picks up in a way higher number.  SAVE YOUR CONTROLLER SCHEME! Give it a name you'll remember.  I went with "DJ controller." So, now, go to documents/dolphin/config and find the .ini file, in the case it's called "DJ controller.ini."  Open this in notepad and find the line that says "turntable/left" and you should see a line that sets the range to 500.  Change that number to be something very high.  Mine right now is set to 7000000, so in your left y+ put 7000000 and in left y- put -70000000.  Now the turntable will register and you'll be able to scratch!  The only problem I have with this is that any semi large movement will trigger "rewind" if you have earned a rewind.  I imagine this can be fixed by adjusting the range number that we just set, but I haven't played around enough to find the perfect number yet.

I hope this helps someone!

Fugums

(11-24-2018, 12:39 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using one for a different console or the wii version?

I'm using an xbox 360 turntable which I've learned can be problematic.  See my other reply though.  I ended up figuring it out and it works quite well!