Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Ping Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

istayrushing

My ping is pretty good usually , but a lot of times itll spike to around 90-130 and stay there for a decent amount of time, any fixes ? I have everything on my pc closed except dolphin , I’m on Ethernet and My ping doesn’t jump on any games I play on my pc, just dolphin, also whenever i do a speedtest my ping is usually no higher than 20, I don't have any packetloss, my download speed is 180mbps and my upload is 20mbps, and I know my computers strong enough. someone please help Sad
Dolphin is purely P2P when it comes to netplay, meaning we have no control over it. It's either your ISP throttling certain connections, your connection to that particular person being bad, or something wrong with their connection.

istayrushing

(11-18-2018, 07:50 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is purely P2P when it comes to netplay, meaning we have no control over it. It's either your ISP throttling certain connections, your connection to that particular person being bad, or something wrong with their connection.

Even traversal servers is still p2p? I know it’s probably my connection , but is there any way to fix it ?
Traversal server just helps facilitate NAT hole punching

istayrushing

so is there anythings i can do to fix it in my router settings if i know its on my end?
Wasn't there some routers misbehaving with Dolphin's QoS feature? Is there an option to disable that in Dolphin?

istayrushing

(11-20-2018, 06:02 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't there some routers misbehaving with Dolphin's QoS feature? Is there an option to disable that in Dolphin?

there is , and I just disabled it , I’ll update if it helps or not !