Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Delays in part of specific games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys, I'm new to the forum but I use this emulator a long time hehe, A problem is happening and this is: in some parts of some games the pictures fall considerably mind, as when bombs explode in Zelda WW, and when opening the map of mario Sunshine, the fps of normal 30 drops to 19, 17. I'm using the last version of dolphin 5.0, but in Dolphin 5.0 (original) the same problem occurred, but I solved it with a very strange method: exit the full screen, and opening the graphics configurations, magically the drops in those same parts disappeared. except which in this new version is not working. Sad

Note: I do not solve this problem nor lower the resolution and improvements
You're exploiting a bug in 5.0 stable where opening the graphics config overrides our gameini settings we set to make games emulate correctly.

You're probably running into EFB to RAM slowing you down. It's needed in Wind Waker for the pictobox and some other effects to work correctly.
The slowdowns are caused by EFB to RAM, which is a very performance costly feature but required to emulate those specific games (and several others) correctly. Older builds seem to speed up by opening the graphics config because doing so would reset the game-specific settings which enabled EFB to RAM, but while the game runs faster, things will be broken without EFB to RAM enabled. For example, the goop in Mario Sunshine will not function. The config overhaul some number of builds ago fixed this config reset issue, which is why opening the window doesn't "fix" the slowdown anymore.

The only thing you can do to lessen the slowdown is upgrade your hardware, but even the most powerful PCs can struggle with EFB to RAM, so there's no perfect solution unfortunately.
if you don't care about the pictobox and some effects being broken in Wind Waker, you can force it off in a supported manner.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

If you try to use that on Sunshine, the game is unplayable. So your mileage may vary from game to game.
Does my solution only disable EFB? Being the same thing: do I disable it manually the EFB in the settings?
(11-17-2018, 09:18 PM)Taikaikai Wrote: [ -> ]Does my solution only disable EFB?

For Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine, opening the graphics config in 5.0 re-enables Store EFB Copies to Texture Only and Skip EFB Access from CPU.
Which, you may notice, completely breaks Super Mario Sunshine, so your little trick won't do anything. There's a real solution in latest dev builds called defer EFB Copies, which allows that crazy pause effect in Mario Sunshine to go full speed.