Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help please, Dolphin does nothing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tetsu

I don't really like starting threads with 'help' as I like to figure things out myself, (particularly if it's my first one) however I can't figure this out. I've gotten a new computer and no Dolphin builds work on it. Whenever I attempt to load a game, it doesn't seem to try to run it and immediately gives me a 'send report crash'.
I've gone over every help thread I thought would assist for my problem, including the game-specific thread, and setting up the Dolphin thread, but found nothing that worked. I have even tried a few different builds, each with various settings.
The only thing I can think of at this point is to give out my specs, and pray someone knows what's wrong. I'm going to use System Properties, DXDiag, CDU-Z, and GPU-Z so alot of this might be drivel and redundant.
Please, any help is appreciated.

-nVidia Drivers are up to date
-DirectX is up to date with 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
-C++ 2008 has been installed too, though I think there's a newer version isnt there?

I honestly don't think my computer is 'too weak' to run dolphin. I've seen instances on here with people that had somewhat 'worse' systems running it successfully. Posting all specs as screenshots.
Random thought, could it be my resolution? I'm gonna test it after posting. 1400x1050
you need your dx9 runtime to be updated to the august 2009 .

Tetsu

(12-04-2009, 09:10 PM)extreme64 Wrote: [ -> ]you need your dx9 runtime to be updated to the august 2009 .

If it's really something that simple I'm really going to hurt myself. I've been up for hours passed my bedtime working on this Tongue
D/Ling Directx9 August now.

EDIT: I was right. DxDiag is telling me that I'm using the same one (9.0c 4.09.0000.0904) and Dolphin still crashes right when I load a game.
You won't get playable speeds anyways, Dolphin requires at least dual core for this

Tetsu

(12-04-2009, 09:32 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]You won't get playable speeds anyways, Dolphin requires at least dual core for this

I had gathered that, but I wasn't sure if it NEEDED Dual Core or if it was just recommended.
Severely underpowered processor and crap integrated graphics, don't expect decent speeds even with the DX9 plugin. OpenGL plugin is out of the question, I don't think the 6150LE supports OpenGL 2.1. I estimate that you'll probably get 5 - 10 FPS at best, forget Zelda and Resident Evil games, I'm willing to bet even Smash Bros. Melee won't give such good speed.

Forget Dolphin altogether if your CPU doesn't at least support the SSE2 instruction set. It would be best for you to play on an actual Wii or Gamecube, it will likely cause you more frustration trying to emulate since you probably won't be able to get anything running acceptably if you can get anything to run at all.

According to your screenshot, your CPU does support SSE2. However your processor is highly underpowered and won't give you good speeds. As mentioned update your DirectX to the latest bi-monthly redistributable, you will need to do this if you haven't manually updated your DirectX in the past year using the redistributable package. Even a fresh install of Windows Vista and Windows 7 requires a manual update for DirectX.

Use the DirectX 9 video plugin, you will not be able to use the OpenGL plugin with your current integrated graphics. Update the drivers for your video hardware to the latest release compatible with your hardware and operating system.