Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Minimum parameters for dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I want to ask you the minimum parameter for dolphin is how much my computer has the following parameters are able to load it?
My machine parameters include:
i5 7600k, 3.80 GHz, DDR4 2400
Thanks
Your CPU is more than fine, and could be even better with an overclock. What is your GPU?
The minimum requirement for a PC should be a 64 bit x86 cpu, and a 64 bit operating system(Linux or Windows 7 and up). As for the gpu, i think you need a card that supports at least OpenGL 4.0 or DirectX11. Somebody please correct me, if i'm wrong.

The problem is that you probalby think of the minimum requirement as something different than it is. Minimum requirement just means, it works, but the speed can be unplayable slow. As far as i know, there's no cpu yet that plays all games at full speed, so nobody can tell you, buy cpu x and it will run all games perfectly. That being said, a better cpu is more important than a better gpu, if your gpu is above a certain level of gpu, you should reach full speed, but you might have to tone down some settings. Really most gaming gpus from amd and nvivia should be above that level. There are no settings that you can tone down to lower the cpu requirements. There's one setting that kinda does that, but it breaks most games in bad ways, so forget that i mentioned it.

I agree MayImilae, your cpu should be fine for most games. And if it isn't with some game, overclocking should scale as expected. Like if the fps dip down to 55 fps at the lowest, a 10% overclock should do the trick.
I mean, any reasonably clocked haswell or newer will play essentially everything (that doesn't have known issues preventing it from working correctly) at full speed, assuming you have literally any GPU powerful an an intel iGPU.