Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote 1 disconnected by emulated software!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HelloThere

So I recently got Dolphin emulator 5.0 + Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my laptop and everything was working fine until I pressed play and I got a message on the top left saying: "Wiimote 1 disconnected by emulated software"  And I also got a message by the game itself saying: "Communication with the Wii remote has been interrupted. To reconnect press A without touching the control stick on the nunchuck." I tried reinstalling dolphin emulator 5.0 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 multiple times, and I connected my Wii remote to my laptop but I still got the same problem/message every time. I also looked through config settings and controller settings and couldn't find a solution.

Please help this is my favorite game.

Thanks.
Have you tried the latest development version of dolphin?

HelloThere

(11-13-2018, 01:41 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest development version of dolphin?

If 5.0 is the latest version then yes.

HelloThere

(11-13-2018, 11:49 AM)HelloThere Wrote: [ -> ]I have the 5.0 stable version. The Development version gave me a virus warning saying its able to find my passwords and stuff :/
Latest development version is a lot more recent and not the same as latest stable version.
(11-13-2018, 11:53 AM)HelloThere Wrote: [ -> ]I have the 5.0 stable version. The Development version gave me a virus warning saying its able to find my passwords and stuff :/

There is nothing wrong with the latest dev versions, it's a false positive.
Uninstall your third party AV suite because third party AV vendors are so incompetent they're essentially malware. Just use Windows Defender and a good adblocker.

It's probably freaking out because we have an auto update system now. So scary.