Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Importing Gamecube protected save = Fatal Error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MushGuy

Hello, I was trying to use the Memory Card Manager tool to import the saves of the following games: Animal Crossing, Pokémon Box, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokemon XD. However, when I try to import them to a 59 block memory card .raw (created by Nintendont), it always gives me a "Fatal Error" Message and then it closes the emulator. Is it because of the .raw file? If so, is there a way to create a proper 59 block raw file that can be usable with those files? As far as I know, these save files have enough blocks to fit on .raw files of this size (I want to make a memory card .raw for each game save, and the link to download the Dolphin Memory Card Maker is no longer available).
Any particular reason you need a .raw memory card? They're prone to corruption. My suggestion is switching the memory card type to "GCI Folder" and forget it, this way you just need to drop your saves (must be in GCI format) in the specified folder and the games automagically see them...
I assume they want to import files into a .raw so it can be used on Nintendont.

Can you upload a combination of *.raw file and *.gci save that fails?

MushGuy

(11-13-2018, 09:42 AM)AdmiralCurtiss Wrote: [ -> ]I assume they want to import files into a .raw so it can be used on Nintendont.

Can you upload a combination of *.raw file and *.gci save that fails?

Yup, pretty much that, unless they also decide to add that .gci folder feature to Nintendont, too. Here are the files.

PS: Before anyone says anything about the size, I simply want to make a memory card .raw for each .gci as small as possible to save space.
Yeah I think you have found a bug in the memory card management here, I'll see if I can figure out what the logical error is and make a PR.
The problem should be fixed in the latest development version. Thanks for reporting this!