Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Odd error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kynro

Hey there, I'm sure this has probably been brought up before, but I'd rather not wade through the many pages to find my answer. I just recently got this emulator and am trying to play SSBM.

Dolphin finds the iso ok, but I get the following error as soon as it tries to boot it.

"Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info."

I'd like to point out that I have the latest drivers for my video card and I downloaded the C++ updater as well as the DirectX updater that was listed on the requirements page.

The following are my pc's stats:
HP - m8400f
Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core 2.20GHz
Memory: 3GB
GFX Card: NVIDIA Gefore 9800GTX+

I'm going to assume that I'm missing a file or two for this to work, but I don't see what I did wrong, if anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated.
You wouldn't have to go through many pages, it's on the top of the Dolphin requirements topicDodgy

Kynro

(04-11-2009, 01:49 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]You wouldn't have to go through many pages, it's on the top of the Dolphin requirements topicDodgy

I checked out that topic, checked out my video card and it fully support OpenGl 2.1, oddly enough Dolphin 1546 works with the Direct3D9 plugin, but it's slow as hell - really not sure what to do next to make it work with the 2745 release.

cmccmc

uninstall then reinstall graphic drivers.
There are only 3 things that can cause that error...

1) Most Common - You didn't fully read the Dolphin requirements and download MS DX Updater and VC++2008 SP1
2) Your graphics drivers need to be updated, because the emulator can't detect that you meet all the requirements (opengl 2.1 support, ect)
3) Your graphics card doesn't support the dolphin requirements and you'll have to get a new card.

I'll leave it up to you to decide which one of these is your issue Wink

cmccmc

They already did #1 and #3 thats why I told them to do #2
Actually, the only thing he said was that he checked out the requirements and his graphics card supports Opengl 2.1. He didn't say he downloaded any of the required files. That's why I put it in there Smile

cmccmc

ok, but if most people read something that tells them to download something they download it. So I was assuming they did. #3 is definitely out of the question.
Yeap. I knew that when I posted it. I didn't say "this is what's causing the problem". I said that those were the 3 reasons people can get the error. I expected him to use his best judgment in deciding what he should do. I believe the 1st one listed is the problem.