Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda skyward sword gives "Wii remote disconnected by emulated software"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HcN

Hi everyone,

I am facing the problem mostly exposed in the title: I have an official wiimote with integrated motion plus, which works fine in all the wii games I own except Zelda skyward sword.
Juste after starting the game, the message "Wii remote 1 disconected by emulated software" is prompted on the top of the screen … and indeed is disconnected.
Pressing a bouton returns successively " Wii remote connected " then again "Wii remote 1 disconnected by emulated software".
Pressing F5 gives the same.
I tried several things in from this forum but I am now out of options and obliged to ask.
Many thanks for your help.

Sekai777

(11-12-2018, 08:42 AM)HcN Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

I am facing the problem mostly exposed in the title: I have an official wiimote with integrated motion plus, which works fine in all the wii games I own except Zelda skyward sword.
Juste after starting the game, the message "Wii remote 1 disconected by emulated software" is prompted on the top of the screen … and indeed is disconnected.
Pressing a bouton returns successively " Wii remote connected " then again "Wii remote 1 disconnected by emulated software".
Pressing F5 gives the same.
I tried several things in from this forum but I am now out of options and obliged to ask.
Many thanks for your help.

I was having the same issue with Phantom Brave, except mine worked but with random inputs.  After spending hours looking over various threads of people having the same problem, and not finding a solution that worked for me; changing the Wii controls, reinstalling and trying older versions, clearing out config files, and updating drivers with zadig, I found that for whatever reason, the controllers were switched--despite being a Wii game, it was taking input from the default Gamecube controller.

Disabling the Wii controller removed the "Wii remote 1 disconnected by emulated software" message, and changing the controls in the Gamecube to match what they would have been for the Wii made it work as it should have.  I had the problem in 5.0.1940 and 5.0, fixed in 5.0, haven't tried reinstalling current version yet.

HcN

(11-19-2018, 11:46 PM)Sekai777 Wrote: [ -> ]I was having the same issue with Phantom Brave, except mine worked but with random inputs.  After spending hours looking over various threads of people having the same problem, and not finding a solution that worked for me; changing the Wii controls, reinstalling and trying older versions, clearing out config files, and updating drivers with zadig, I found that for whatever reason, the controllers were switched--despite being a Wii game, it was taking input from the default Gamecube controller.

Disabling the Wii controller removed the "Wii remote 1 disconnected by emulated software" message, and changing the controls in the Gamecube to match what they would have been for the Wii made it work as it should have.  I had the problem in 5.0.1940 and 5.0, fixed in 5.0, haven't tried reinstalling current version yet.

Thanks for the reply. This seems like it is a bug from the software, right ? So should I wait for a correction, or must I declare it somewhere.
The problem is that Zelda requires the motion plus, so there is probably no way to have it working from the Gamecube screen.