Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to make the controls slower on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Squidconqueror

While I was playing Zelda Wind Waker I got to the room where I had to fight 3 skeletons and get the mirror shield, the problem is that I couldn't get the light beam to stay on the moon in order to unlock the door and advance because the light beam keeps moving too far up and I couldn't get the controls aim right at the moon so i'm stuck in that room. I'm playing on a keyboard.
I believe the "Modifier" button (LSHIFT by default) will make it so you don't move as far. If that doesn't work you could try changing the radius, but then you'll probably want to change it back after.

Squidconqueror

[attachment=17558][attachment=17558]Thanks I had gotten it to go down a little bit but not nearly enough to get the beam to hit the moon long enough to get the door to unlock. Here are my control settings. I'm running on Dolphin 3.0-801.
Use the modifier! It is specifically there to help keyboard users in situations like this. The modifier cuts the input in half, so instead of 100% analog press in a direction, it is 50%.
(11-10-2018, 09:19 AM)Squidconqueror Wrote: [ -> ] I'm running on Dolphin 3.0-801.

Please update to a new version of dolphin (5.0 or higher) that version is very old and unsupported.

Squidconqueror

Hi I just came back to say thank you guys so much. Lowering the modifier slider had finally gotten me out of the room that I was having problems getting out of and it had helped me with the part when I need Link's and Medli's light beams to reflect on the evil looking statue's moons to get to a different room. Extremedude2 I had tried the newest version first but it was too slow on my system but I had read a comment on YouTube that 3.0 had worked faster and better on somebody system so I downloaded expecting it to be really slow and laggy but I was surprised and amazed at how well it ran on my laptop considering how old it is. It may have some problems running other Gamecube and Wii games that i'm unaware of but it had ran Wind Waker exceptionally well. It does slow down a bit though when I get to areas that has a bunch around them such as the one that the Deku Tree is in but overall i'm glad that I was able to run it with little issues.