Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: openGL soooo slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my specs are q9550 oc to 3.5
sapphire 4890 vapour x oc 910/1050
4gb ddr2 825mhz
windows 7 64

my current fave game wii sports resort runs ok with the dx9 plugin 30-40 fps in game, but open open gl just grinds to a halt at 1fps.
this is with every build upto 4635 x64.
the opengl pluin is what i needas the dx9 has a big black square in the top corner of the screen on frisbee and archery.

my ati driver is 9.11

anyone tell me what i can do to speeed up opengl or get rid of the square?

i need at least 1280x720 res as i'm using a 50" plasma display
use copy EFB to texture for speed up and try use safe texture cache to get rid of the square.
This plugin is slow, but the quality is better than DX9. DX9 is faster but with some bugs. So is your choice
I wonder, which API is faster in general (not dolphin related). If teoreticaly both of them have same level of optimisation and same features used, what is faster?
directx is faster in general than opengl on windows, probably because it was designed by microsoft
The options incoròrated from Pugin OpenGl is the:"EFB Copy: to Ram or texture", Disable Fog and Overlay FPS
thanks for the replies.
Think i've sorted it now, i was being a dick and ramming the AF and AA up, if i leave at default and set my res to 1920x1080, and use the efb to texture as one of you lads said i get great graphics and most of the time i'm get 40-50 fps in game.
hope they sort the dx9 plugin out soon though.