Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: game freezes on graphics note boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the 5.0 windows version of dolphin, super smash brothers melee freezes on the yellow texted graphics note. I tried the start button, un-pause/pause emulation button, and closing the game, how do i get it to start? I tried 12, and 11 direct3d versions.
It's probably a GPU driver issue. Make sure you have the latest version from the vendor's website directly - don't just rely on windows update.

(I assume your profile about using is ubuntu isn't correct, due to the DX comments Smile

If that doesn't help, try the latest development version - 5.0 is quite old now, and there's been a good number of improvements and fixes. Generally, dolphin development has a pretty stable development head, so it's often the best choice anyway.
Oh, sorry I'm on a diffrent computer than normal, thats why i don't have windows in my profile. I tried the 5.8 something version of dolphin (the one that came out two days ago), and the yellow text note will not even appear on it. Mario party 7, like melee will also not play on either version of dolphin. The windows pc is single core, 2.3 speed, hp hd 520 graphics.
You really shouldn´t be using FasterMelee...

Get the latest dev build from the official site and try again.

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
I don't know what faster melee is.
I assume he's referring to the git version here, not faster melee.

Did you check your GPU drivers are up to date on the intel site? And do you know what the yellow text said?

Also, for intel chips I believe the dx11 backend hits the least driver bugs. OpenGL for intel on Windows can be rather unreliable, I assume the same for vulkan until proven otherwise. And dx12 was removed, so if you see that still that likely means there's still some version mixup
Well, there´s no such thing as 5.8 in the official builds. FM is the most known fork to use that kind of numbering so I assumed he was using it.

@O.P.: can you take a screenshot of the yellow text when it appears?
The top is graphics settings, the second one is where melee freezes when i try to launch it. laptop is a pavilion. the screen shots are from 5.0.

5.0-8915 (the one i called 5.0 in the other post) wouldn't even get that yellow text.
I wonder if the dump is corrupt or you´re trying to use cheats...

I remember well after the 5.0 era begun, if I tried to boot Melee with certain codes activated would make it hang right off. (That got fixed along the way though).