Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel Coffee Lake 9th gen Core CPUs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would hope that Skylake-clocked-to-the-moon-more would be faster than last year's Skylake-clocked-to-the-moon

wake me up when Intel actually releases a new chip
Still using 5.0 so the ryzen stuff is underrepresented....

I understand it's a 'stable benchmark' - it just may no longer be quite applicable to actual dolphin game performance on newer builds.
Impressive, but still underwhelming overall. Architecturally, Coffee Lake is essentially just a refresh of Kaby Lake (which in itself was a refresh of Skylake) with pretty much the only changes being more cores and higher clocks. So basically they're using the same exact same silicon as they were in 2015... Don't mean to sound like an AMD shill here, but I think I'll stick with my Ryzen 2700X for awhile.
Intel always perform way better to Games. we all know is the Queen of Single Core..
The think is.. Intel lost the battle with AMD.. The last two years..
Intel lost the market, releasing new chip-set every 6 months to surpass the AMD Ryzen Arch-Tech

Who cares for MAX FPS Benchmarks and Smaller Encoding timings..
Only Low FPS Matters, and Heavy Load CPU Benchmarks the rest are for marketing.

Also Intel release a documentation with personal Benchmarks that perform way better than 2700x the results was cooked by Intel..
Google it.. That's a same for a company Queen Intel..

20% Performance costing 40% of money value? sky-lakes are over-priced..
Same Chip Same Technology NO and NO! Sorry I'm not taking the bait..
You read like a shitty political smear ad on TV.
X86-64 processors have reached its limit, they not getting any faster, all they can do is add more cores.
(10-22-2018, 09:11 PM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]X86-64 processors have reached its limit,  they not getting any faster,   all they can do is add more cores.

It's actually the silicon limitation, we can't go much far over 5GHz or we'll have complications, then more cores are needed. Grafeno is the new way to go, theorically we could have hundred times higher frequency with a grafeno CPU and very low power consumption, at least it's what I read.

I hope ARM CPUs can surpass x86 within some years, I think it's possible with the help of AI. The AI is helping big and little cores (big.LITTLE technology) of smartphones to work together, so this can be the solution for multi-cores.

[Image: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9R...N5LkpQRw==]
(10-22-2018, 09:11 PM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]X86-64 processors have reached its limit, they not getting any faster, all they can do is add more cores.

That isn't true - IPC has been getting better every gen. This is why Ryzen is SOOO much better than bulldozer, despite them having the same number of cores! IPC gains are just a LOT slower than the 1.5-2X improvement every two years that Moore's Law held for so long.

This same limitation has been impacting ARM chips for the past few years as well. Phone performance that used to transformatively increase every year has now slowed to a crawl. And mobile chip makers are turning to - you guessed it, adding more cores! - to prop up those performance metrics to encourage users to purchase new devices.
(10-23-2018, 05:13 AM)Guilherme Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually the silicon limitation, we can't go much far over 5GHz or we'll have complications, then more cores are needed. Grafeno is the new way to go, theorically we could have hundred times higher frequency with a grafeno CPU and very low power consumption, at least it's what I read.

I hope ARM CPUs can surpass x86 within some years, I think it's possible with the help of AI. The AI is helping big and little cores (big.LITTLE technology) of smartphones to work together, so this can be the solution for multi-cores.
Arent x86-64 and ARM chips made from the same silicon?? Cool  If the latter gonna suprass the first, then it is the "IP" win.
Pages: 1 2