Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mid-teir Gaming PC, stuttering sonic colors.(Most likely other game will suffer too.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dolphinese

Having an Rx-580, 16 gbs of ram, and a Ryzen 5; I have only been getting 5-7 fps. At first I've gotten 20 fps but after fiddling around with settings it reduced the speed a whole lot. I do not believe this is the fault of the Emulator,
but I have been trying to fiddle around with drivers multiple times and even tried resting driver settings that affects dolphin, disabling affecting dolphin, and mix matching options to affect dolphin; Plus I've fiddled around with multiple version of the emulator and it's settings. Just wondering, why am I getting such horrid frame rates while most people are being able to get smooth to playable speeds? This is the weirdist event that have ever happened to me.
(since I've used Dolphin on a earlier PC-build with far less capable hardware,
with an older amd fx chip and a below entry level graphic card for 2015 at the time,
how did I got at lease playable frame rates and now with more capable hardware; get a downgrade with an upgrade?
any information would help even a little bit of insight would help. Thanks for reading, hope everyone a good day.
Can you post a picture of the dolphin window while running?

Dolphinese

(10-12-2018, 06:44 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a picture of the dolphin window while running?

Funny thing that happened too randomly; I got a running line Error code with three digits in the 100's or maybe even 120's Sadly I was unable to capture it and I tried to make that error code pop up again ad it didn't appear again. (Don't know if that extra tidbit would help though.)  I also tried allocating system resources for the application before writing this thread.