Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to play in Call of Duty 3 on Dolphin (Wii) using mouse w/o dyn. aim (+ QTE fix)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

deton24

Knowing that the new Call of Duty Black Ops IIII (IV) for 60 EU by Treyarch won't even have singleplayer mode (not saying that it would be even decent SP though) I think that reminding about that forgotten title is very propriate, so:

How to play in Call of Duty 3 on Dolphin (Wii) using mouse and keyboard and to fix QTE.

It’s easy. Just download my controls profile:
https://yadi.sk/d/hoqdDoLoGiz0Cw
and paste it in My Documents \Dolphin Emulator\Config\Profiles\Wiimote.
Or place the text into notepad
Code:
[Profile]
Device = DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse
Buttons/A = `Click 1`
Buttons/B = `Click 0`
Buttons/1 = 1
Buttons/2 = 2
Buttons/- = R
Buttons/+ = BACK
Buttons/Home = !LMENU & RETURN
IR/Center = 100.00000000000000
IR/Width = 100.00000000000000
IR/Height = 100.00000000000000
IR/Up = `Axis Y-`
IR/Down = `Axis Y+`
IR/Left = `Axis X-`
IR/Right = `Axis X+`
IR/Forward = `NUMPAD8`
IR/Backward = `NUMPAD0`
IR/Recenter = DECIMAL
Swing/Up = I
Swing/Down = K
Swing/Left = J
Swing/Right = L
Swing/Forward = U
Swing/Backward = O
Tilt/Forward = E
Tilt/Backward = DOWN
Tilt/Left = LEFT
Tilt/Right = RIGHT
Tilt/Modifier = END
Shake/Threshold = 100.00000000000000
Shake/X = GRAVE
Shake/Y = GRAVE
Shake/Z = GRAVE
Extension = Nunchuk
Nunchuk/Buttons/C = `SPACE`
Nunchuk/Buttons/Z = C
Nunchuk/Stick/Up = W
Nunchuk/Stick/Down = S
Nunchuk/Stick/Left = A
Nunchuk/Stick/Right = D
Nunchuk/Stick/Modifier = LMENU
Nunchuk/Swing/Up = `5`
Nunchuk/Swing/Down = `6`
Nunchuk/Swing/Left = `7`
Nunchuk/Swing/Right = `8`
Nunchuk/Swing/Forward = `9`
Nunchuk/Swing/Backward = `0`
Nunchuk/Tilt/Forward = INSERT
Nunchuk/Tilt/Backward = HOME
Nunchuk/Tilt/Left = PRIOR
Nunchuk/Tilt/Right = DELETE
Nunchuk/Tilt/Modifier = NEXT
Nunchuk/Shake/X = TAB
Nunchuk/Shake/Y = TAB
Nunchuk/Shake/Z = TAB
D-Pad/Up = `DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:2``
D-Pad/Down = T
D-Pad/Left = G
D-Pad/Right = `4`
Options/Speaker Pan = 100.00000000000000
Hotkeys/Sideways Toggle = Y
Hotkeys/Upright Toggle = H
Hotkeys/Sideways Hold = `3`
Hotkeys/Upright Hold = Q

then file>save>all files>config.ini>save

Then go to options, controller settings, emulated Wii remoter, configure, and load the profile from the list.

Go to the game options when the game level is loaded, so press, in this config “Backspace”, and turn off dynamic aiming, then set the sensitivity to the max. Back by pressing “R”. You can turn on subtitles there.

For language change, add the path for ISO in the config, and when you’ll see the game on the emulator list, press RPM>properties>Info. In game config you can set Video Rate Hack to X2, to unlock 60 FPS. Just remember to save the game state in emulator while using 30 FPS, because there will be sound bug. You can also turn off Skip DCBZ clearing and Synchronize GPU thread. Disabling dual core caused some FPS dips at the beginning of chapter 2 (the most demanding place in the game IMHO), but it helped someone before for some performance issues, so check it (boot the game again after changing options there).

Crouch is set to C, G is grenade, 4 is smoke, 2 - weapon change (though sometimes to avoid binocular bug appearing, press fire immediately when a new rifle appear). Q and E work for strafing. Exceptionally T for melee.

Beside the controls, nothing should be changed in the emulator in order to play.
Maybe only change native resolution in graphics settings, enhancements, into at least 3x, or force 16:10 in aspect ratio, and widescreen hack in next bookmark for 16:10 display, or stretch to window if you possess other monitor like 21:9 (maybe it will work like for 16:10). MSAA crashes for me.
Setting above 3x resolution was too demanding for me hardware, and it affected aiming, even when there was 30 FPS.
In config, advanced, do not turn on clock override – causes aiming problems.
The same goes for per-pixel lighting.

If you encounter occasional freezes during gameplay, change renderer to OpenGL (but it’s slower in demanding places). The problem in other titles seems to be fixed with synchronize GPU thread option turned on, but here it does not help on Vulcan or DX11 (AMD GPU).
Generally, among others, Vulcan added in Ishiiruka Dolphin works the best:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version
If you press ESC during emulation, and everything freezes without confirmation message, just press enter - the game will exit.

I still didn’t get rid of one problem. There are few certain stages in the game (QTEs) when you need to use Wii Remote and Nunchuk in order to plant the bomb, turn the valve etc. I don’t know how to pass such places, and how to set binds in order to activate the proper key.
If no one comes up with a better idea, download the 100% from here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/wii/932963...aves/13772
Go to Dolphin->Tools->Import Wii Save.
Now you have an access to all game levels in the main menu.

Settings shake for the same key for nunchuk, and different same key for shake in motion controls and IR as suggested in other game, do not fix the problem for me. Once when I messed with the controls, pressing middle mouse button helped, I even saw how the character broke the valve, but maybe after re-launching the game, or/and on a different stage with different QTE, I couldn’t use that trick anymore, even in the same place with vault. Strange. I tried also to bind different keys for these to shake options, but no success. "Swing - Forward" or "IR - Forward" didn’t do the trick for one guy either.

If you have powerful enough computer, you can disable half audio rate in-game options for better audio quality. I recommend turning on Dolby Pro Logic in Ishiruka Dolphin, especially on headphones.

I need to honestly admit that the mouse movement is not butter smooth, but till the moment when you try to do 360 turn below 60 FPS, everything is OK. My trick with controls relies on changing from default Cursor setting into Axis, found it by accident while I was manually binding mouse, and it changed from cursor to axis, and dynamic aim stopped to work properly, but with it turned off, normal mouse controls started to work properly (default” cursor” setting  with dynamic aim disabled caused massive input lag when aiming). Sometimes turning on also Iterative Input helps to enhance controls in presented controls configuration.

Why not emulate Call of Duty 3 on PCSX2?
The key word here is performance. The game on Dolphin from Wii can be easily played on even relatively old 4 cores in rather stable FPS and GPU while used with Vulcan renderer (though it’s just speed up in demanding, open places of fight).
For i7 4770 and HD 7770 it worked like this in 2015 in 60 FPS (old dynamic aim control set):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fStEcUC_H0
PCSX2 is much more demanding (some time ago it had some problems with hardware rendering in COD3), and even do not really looks better than on Dolphin. At worse, I couldn’t set proper mouse controls in any game in PCSX2. It was very hard to aim.

deton24

Config updated (link remains the same [file updated]):
https://yadi.sk/d/hoqdDoLoGiz0Cw
Code:
[Profile]
Device = DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse
Buttons/A = `Click 1`
Buttons/B = `Click 0` | CAPITAL
Buttons/1 = TAB
Buttons/2 = `3`
Buttons/- = R
Buttons/+ = BACK
Buttons/Home = !LMENU & RETURN
IR/Center = 100.00000000000000
IR/Width = 100.00000000000000
IR/Height = 100.00000000000000
IR/Up = `Axis Y-`
IR/Down = `Axis Y+`
IR/Left = `Axis X-`
IR/Right = `Axis X+`
IR/Forward = `NUMPAD8`
IR/Backward = `NUMPAD0`
IR/Recenter = DECIMAL
Swing/Up = I
Swing/Down = K
Swing/Left = J
Swing/Right = L
Swing/Forward = U
Swing/Backward = O
Tilt/Forward = E
Tilt/Backward = DOWN
Tilt/Left = LEFT
Tilt/Right = RIGHT
Tilt/Modifier = END
Shake/Threshold = 100.00000000000000
Shake/X = GRAVE
Shake/Y = GRAVE
Shake/Z = GRAVE
Extension = Nunchuk
Nunchuk/Buttons/C = `SPACE`
Nunchuk/Buttons/Z = C | LCONTROL
Nunchuk/Stick/Up = W
Nunchuk/Stick/Down = S
Nunchuk/Stick/Left = A
Nunchuk/Stick/Right = D
Nunchuk/Stick/Modifier = LMENU
Nunchuk/Swing/Up = `5`
Nunchuk/Swing/Down = `6`
Nunchuk/Swing/Left = `7`
Nunchuk/Tilt/Forward = INSERT
Nunchuk/Tilt/Backward = HOME
Nunchuk/Tilt/Left = PRIOR
Nunchuk/Tilt/Right = DELETE
Nunchuk/Tilt/Modifier = NEXT
Nunchuk/Shake/X = CAPITAL
Nunchuk/Shake/Y = CAPITAL
Nunchuk/Shake/Z = CAPITAL
D-Pad/Up = `2`
D-Pad/Down = T
D-Pad/Left = G
D-Pad/Right = `4`
Hotkeys/Sideways Toggle = Y
Hotkeys/Upright Toggle = H
Hotkeys/Sideways Hold = `3`
Hotkeys/Upright Hold = Q
- Now "3" is bound to binoculars. Weapon switch bug is more rare, but still present.
- CTRL added as alternative for crouch (along with "C")
- To drive a Jeep, press "Caps Lock" for gas, hold "down" arrow to drive straight, press "right" to turn right. Don't press anything to turn... left (the game/emulator has a bug).

- QTE fights with enemy, and bomb planting still haven't fixed (really? no one know after these years how to fix it?)
- Skip DCBZ clearing was claimed to be culprit of some perf. issues unnecessary.
- Frequent freezes of the game are more often on locked FPS (you might want to lock it around ~37 FPS in case of unstable FPS)
I'm not much into call of duty, but wow! Great post. Info might be useful for someone else wanting to MKB some other game for some reason, too.

Mikoianionut

Man you are a saint , you really helped me.

I've managed to pass QTEs , bomb plantings and the mortar.

It actually really easy using your controls .

I - is for up.
K - for down.
L- for right
J- for left

Just follow the combinations on the screen and it works.

Nunchuk/Swing/Up = `5`
Nunchuk/Swing/Down = `6`
Nunchuk/Swing/Left = `7`

This combination works for the mortar if you get it right.

So now from my experience the game is fully playable with KB and M, thanks to your contribution .

For more information contact me .

I dont know if this works because of the newest version of Dolphin or you just didnt hit the correct buttons.

I made this account to thank you and put an end to this since COD3 didnt got any attention from more people and emulators.
So I followed the instructions here and loaded the profile, but I encountered an issue. Even when my mouse is perfectly still, my crosshair is still moving up slowly. Anybody encounter this issue? is there a fix?

alankoop200

(03-12-2019, 05:55 AM)Mikoianionut Wrote: [ -> ]Man you are a saint , you really helped me.

I've managed to pass QTEs , bomb plantings and the mortar.

It actually really easy using your controls .

I - is for up.
K - for down.
L- for right
J- for left

Just follow the combinations on the screen and it works.

Nunchuk/Swing/Up = `5`
Nunchuk/Swing/Down = `6`
Nunchuk/Swing/Left = `7`

This combination works for the mortar if you get it right.

So now from my experience the game is fully playable with KB and M, thanks to your contribution .

For more information contact me .

I dont know if this works because of the newest version of Dolphin or you just didnt hit the correct buttons.

I made this account to thank you and put an end to this since COD3 didnt got any attention from more people and emulators.

[quote pid='489492' dateline='1552334115']

Hey, how do i do this? Can you explain it?
[/quote]