Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What exactly do you do to make custom resolutions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/cores...8k-and-up/

How are they getting such high frames??? I was blown away reading this. How exactly do you make custom resolutions? I know you edit the ini file, but where is it located and what exactlydo you do? I am very interested now because I am gaming on a 4k 43 inch monitor and I noticed a bit of difference when going from 6x internal to 8x when looking closely, but i struggle to see any difference when I have 8x internal on and 8xSSAA compared to it have just No AA

Seems like the best way to go is to leave the AA off and increase the internal res as much as you can.
(10-07-2018, 03:04 PM)tigerlaws Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like the best way to go is to leave the AA off and increase the internal res as much as you can.

No, it's actually the opposite in Dolphin.

But if you want to increase the internal resolution anyway, open Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Config/GFX.ini and change the value of the line that starts with "InternalResolution = ".
I did that and GameCube games would black out and and when i loaded wario land it shut down my pc. I loaded Xenoblade chronicles increasing it to 12 in area where I could just run freely before i tried gameube games and I defiantly could see a difference between it and 8x with no AA. i was shocked on how good it looked. I have the hd texture pack installed too of course. Unfortunately when i went to cut scenes it slowed down to a crawl making it a pipe dream for now.

i have an i7 6700k and a gtx 1080.i'm shocked they got as good of result as they are saying in the article.. Never heard of anybody getting close to waht they are claiming is possible. Is there truth to this article or what?
You may have set the IR too high and it crashed your GPU drivers in a way that Windows couldn't recover from (Although in Windows 10 that is exceedingly difficult to do)
Well, it happened. I was thinking I wouldn't have any issues according to that article I was reading.. Does the extra vram 11gb for the 1080ti, 2080ti and titan xp 12gb make a world of difference when doing this internal resolution push? I ssume so, but ti cannot be that massive to get the results that show in the article.
Who knows, libretro does things differently than Dolphin and we don't support that.

Either way, we don't have a good downsampling filter. If you want supersampling, use SSAA in the AA options.

And the framerate is irrelevant. You only need to run a game at 100% speed in Dolphin to have an enjoyable experience. Splitting hairs over frames over 30/60 in Dolphin isn't important.