Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin error: Map failed...at line XYZ...map readback texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HotWingsFTW

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble running New Super Mario Bros. Wii in Dolphin. To give some background, I bought a used copy of the game, ripped it with CleanRip, used File Joiner to combine the ISO parts, and then tried running it in Dolphin. I can play with no issues for about 2-3 minutes before I get this error (see attached for a screenshot). I've run through the following possible issues:

1. Is the disc itself bad? [color=#ff3333]Nope. I was able to play through two levels on an actual Wii with no issues whatsoever.[/color]
  2. Was the rip of the game bad? [color=#ff3333]Maybe. There was no MD5 hash available for the game, so CleanRip couldn't verify whether it was good or not, but I ripped it with the following settings: Dual Layer = No, Chunk Size = Max, New Device Per Chunk = No. However, I've used the program for Brawl and I can play that with no issues.[/color]
  3. Is the File Joiner program bad? [color=#ff3333]Probably not. Again, used the same program when combining the split Brawl ISOs, and Brawl works great in Dolphin.[/color]
  4. Have you tried using a different graphics backend? [color=#ff3333]Yes. I tried using both OpenGL and Vulkan, and both result in extremely slow framerates. Basically unplayable.[/color]
So, wise internet strangers, if anyone has any suggestions or advice for how to fix this, I'm all ears (eyes?). Thanks in advance.
I'm guessing this is some kind of problem with the graphics backend or your graphics drivers rather than the disc image, but if you'd like to, you can post the MD5 hash here and I'll check if it's correct. There are hashes available at redump.org, they're just not public (unfortunately).

HotWingsFTW

(09-30-2018, 02:24 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing this is some kind of problem with the graphics backend or your graphics drivers rather than the disc image, but if you'd like to, you can post the MD5 hash here and I'll check if it's correct. There are hashes available at redump.org, they're just not public (unfortunately).

Thanks for responding! I've attached the text file from CleanRip that contains the hash. I thought my graphics drivers might be the issue, so I updated them yesterday, but the problem persists. Should I also try updating my Direct3D 11 stuff?
Those are the correct hashes, so we can rule out the disc image being the problem.

HotWingsFTW

(09-30-2018, 04:16 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Those are the correct hashes, so we can rule out the disc image being the problem.

Okay. Well it's at least nice to know I don't have to re-rip. So what do you recommend from here? 

EDIT: I tried installing the latest version of Direct X, and it told me that I already have the latest version installed.

HotWingsFTW

Any updates? Does someone have some other potential solutions I can try to fix this?