Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I change my resolution and not internal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My computer is trash paper mario crashes at chapter 6 a dolphin problom so i updated works now and I can’t change resolution to make the game run smoothly I can change internal but I fear in the cutscenes with armies it will lag a lot just where is the resolution butten
Dolphin's resolution (and thus what primarily what controls GPU performance) is the Internal Resolution setting. The resolution of your display is irrelevant. But since you are playing Paper Mario, you are most likely CPU bound.
In dolphin 5.0 regular there was a resolution butten where did it go
It was removed because users like yourself were getting confused about the difference between IR and fullscreen resolution.

The only users that need fullscreen resolution specifically are CRT users, and we left the option in INI for them.

If you're lagging, you need to turn down Internal Resolution in Graphics > Enhancements. However I suspect that even at 1x you will still lag, so you're probably out of luck
Errmmm ok maybe they might re include it also don’t tons of peopl get confused over them it makes no sense to me why not just put a disclaimer welp thank you I hope one day it will return