Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is borderless fullscreen option dependent on fullscreen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

If I launch a game with the "use fullscreen" option disabled, "borderless fullscreen" enabled the game starts in a window. Borderless fullscreen shouldn't be dependent on fullscreen since software runs in a window without borders.

Is this just unclear phrasing in the Dolphin options?
Exclusive fullscreen works very similarly to borderless fullscreen from the user's perspective (they both make Dolphin use the whole screen), so I think it would be confusing to not treat borderless fullscreen as a type of fullscreen in the settings. Besides, not treating borderless fullscreen as a type of fullscreen would make it awkward to switch between borderless fullscreen and a regular window.

(09-22-2018, 06:21 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Exclusive fullscreen works very similarly to borderless fullscreen from the user's perspective (they both make Dolphin use the whole screen), so I think it would be confusing to not treat borderless fullscreen as a type of fullscreen in the settings. Besides, not treating borderless fullscreen as a type of fullscreen would make it awkward to switch between borderless fullscreen and a regular window.

I'm not sure if borderless fullscreen runs the game in a window or in/also exclusive fullscreen; see my related thread about screen tearing in borderless fullscreen. Huh