Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD Vega 10 for GameCube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MajorasMax

So I'm looking at buying this laptop but I'm curious to know how well it will handle GameCube games, because I've been getting mixed messages from everyone I've spoken to and everywhere I've looked. It's a Ryzen 7 2700U with integrated Radeon RX Vega 10 graphics. Generally onboard graphics make me cringe, but from everything I've seen this one is shockingly solid.

Anyway, the kinda games I'd be looking to play are stuff like Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Fire Emblem, maybe even Spider-Man 2. Stuff that's made my last computer stutter to all hell. What do you guys think, and any suggestions?
Should work fine at HD resolutions if the laptop can hold it's CPU boost clocks. Use the latest development build and set the graphics backend to either Direct3D 11 or Vulkan. AMD sucks at running OpenGL code fast.

EDIT: Spider-man 2 may not run at full speed because it is a full MMU title and those games require top end (generally intel) CPUs. It may run at full speed though. Ryzen CPUs are essentially as fast as Haswell.