Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dumping shaders to diagnose GPU kernel driver crashes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to dump a shader, preferably in textual and / or compiled form? Maybe it's not the right solution for debugging this annoying situation...? Are they related to the "objects" that can be dumped, because that might mean I can use the software renderer for the task. It might even be a texture-related issue... just the annoyed ramblings of someone who doesn't know where to start with resolving the issue... :|

This bug is related to many "ring gfx timeout"-related bug/s in the AMDGPU kernel driver, but I can't do anything to help without being able to dump the shaders somehow. This seems impossible, because I don't know how to dump the shaders without them also crashing the driver... maybe I'm overthinking this, due to not having much understanding of shaders...?

The bug occurs with both the OpenGL and Vulkan backends, with both normal Synchronous shaders and Synchronous Ubershaders.

Anyways, the issues specifically begin at the end of Chapter 18 of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, after the end of the second scene with Ike, the soldier, and Nasir. when the scene fades to black, and before the scene with Naesala, whatever shader/s run at that moment cause the AMDGPU kernel driver to crash. I managed to skip past this bit with the software renderer, make a state save, and then discovered that it will crash again after the new chapter movie cutscene plays, before moving to the worldmap scene. Using the same method to skip to the Base, I discovered it will again happen after exiting the base when selecting "End". Thankfully, I made a game save at the base, so I can test it again to see when the bug is fixed, because all three scenarios seem related somehow. To the same shader/s set, maybe? I don't know...