Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gecko Codes: Increase amount of damage taken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Wii version of Klonoa is much too easy because the developers give you far too much health. I'm trying to fix that with a Gecko code.

In my US copy of the game, the player's health value is stored as an 8 bit integer at address "08a7750f". Setting it to "0a" gives you full health, and setting it to "01" leaves you one hit away from death.

Of course, simply freezing this value isn't very useful, as it means that health can't be lost or gained! Is there a good way to set the player's health to, say, half of what it would normally be at any given time? Or if it's less complicated, maybe set health to 05 whenever it's at the starting value of 0A?

I know I've seen damage multiplier codes for other games, but I'm not clear on what is necessary to set them up. Can anyone provide guidance? I'm more than willing to do the legwork on this, but I haven't found much direction on other websites. Thank you!