Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Sports Resort black box glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

lohonda

So when I play wii sports resort with the direct3d9 plugin, the game runs pretty smooth but on the main screen and some of the mini games like archery and the dog frisbee one, there is a black box that takes up the entire upper left quarter of the screen. It doesn't happen with the open Gl plugin, but it runs much slower and is not playable for me. Is there any fix for this? It makes those mini games pretty hard to play because you can't see anything there. Its just odd that only some of the mini games have them. I have tried using different builds and they all do this. The latest revision of Dolphin that I tried was r4631.

Thanks.

My system is a
AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz
Gigabyte HD4350 512MB video card
4 gigs of ram
Windows 7 32 bit
yeah, it's the good old black box problem which e.g. also Mario Kart Wii has (even worse though). No fix for that yet... It seems to have something to do with "outdoors", maybe the lighting...cuz it isn't there in the bowling hall, right?

lohonda

(12-02-2009, 06:35 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, it's the good old black box problem which e.g. also Mario Kart Wii has (even worse though). No fix for that yet... It seems to have something to do with "outdoors", maybe the lighting...cuz it isn't there in the bowling hall, right?

Yeah the bowling works perfectly. Ok well at least I know it's not just me and my settings. Hopefully someday there will be a fix.
yeah, waiting for it, too ^^
Heh...Wii Sports got kinda worse with DX9 recently. There's some strange flickering and popping about of the Miis heads 'n stuff in Bowling (all outside games have those common ugly box effects like Mario Kart Wii) O_o
The funny thing is, although it looks pretty similar, the bowling in Wii Sports doesn't have this glitch
hm...OpenGL seems to crash when trying to play bowling...just a black screen and nothing happening...DX9 works
@ ayuanx: Could you please take another look at the new SYSCONF? I'm having crashes in Wii Sports Resort, mostly right after confirming the Mii (when the game checks for Motion+ again, I think). It doesn't seem to crash when I exchange the SYSCONF with an older one I got from the forum (which also enables Motion+, though there's a new error message at the beginning of game emulation now)
I don't see no black box with DX9 plugin in r4727x64 with this SYSCONF:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3308.html
@ InStars: Lemme guess: You have an ATI gfx card?
It's the same issue as in Mario Kart Wii: It's not a black box anymore but some weird projection boxes...however, only nvidia users seem to still have this issue :-|
Any nvidia using dev around who could fix this?
(01-04-2010, 10:01 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ InStars: Lemme guess: You have an ATI gfx card?
It's the same issue as in Mario Kart Wii: It's not a black box anymore but some weird projection boxes...however, only nvidia users seem to still have this issue :-|
Any nvidia using dev around who could fix this?

Yes i have an [color=#FF0000]ATI Radeon 3870X2[/color] card, too bad Nvidia users have this problem.
But they can run OpenGL faster than ATI users though.
Pages: 1 2