Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Render to Main Window and Fullscreen Does Not Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DrNinjaDDS

Hello,

This seems to be a QT version issue only. Using the latest monthly build of dolphin, whenever I have render to main window and always use fullscreen checked, it does not render to the main window and there is always the dolphin GUI in the background. If "always use fullscreen" is not checked, then the rendering to the main window works as expected. I have tested this with the Wx version of dolphin (5.0-7276) and everything works perfectly there (but not in the QT version of 7276). This is a nuisance because I like to use steam in home streaming while playing dolphin, but all controller input relays back to the GUI and not the actual game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Not sure if this is the solution you want, but you can also enable background input in the controller settings so that it will receive even if the window isn't active.

DrNinjaDDS

(09-12-2018, 09:42 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the solution you want, but you can also enable background input in the controller settings so that it will receive even if the window isn't active.

Thank you for the help. I tried it, but there still wasn't any controller input. I think the issue is how steam sends controller inputs to the host computer, because when I put focus on the GUI and open the controller settings everything is fine, and then when I focus on the actual game window it still works as expected. Maybe steam is only able to send controller inputs first to the executable (GUI in this case), and then if focus changes send it to the new focus. For now, I'll just stick to the Wx version. Once again, thanks!