Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Edited Wii game doesn't run.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I tried some things around with a NSMBW level-editor tool called Reggie. I tried to import that level into my game, and it worked. Then I edited something and imported it back, it didn't work anymore. I tried everything. Reverting the level back like it was, a fresh new ISO, etc.

The base game itself does work.
Just to make sure, are you booting the game anew each time you've edited it (without using savestates)?
(09-09-2018, 06:00 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make sure, are you booting the game anew each time you've edited it (without using savestates)?

I forgot to say, what really the issue is. *facepalm*
It gives me the following message: "Path Here" is an invalid GCM/ISO file or is not a GC/Wii ISO. When I click OK or Ignore for this session it says "Failed to init core"
That seems like a problem with the editing tool rather than Dolphin. I'm not sure if there's anyone here who's familiar with it who can answer your question.
(09-09-2018, 07:40 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That seems like a problem with the editing tool rather than Dolphin. I'm not sure if there's anyone here who's familiar with it who can answer your question.
I don't really think so. Even the team of Newer Super Mario Bros Wii have used Reggie to create their levels.
I'm not trying to say that Reggie doesn't work at all, I'm trying to say that there might be a problem with the specific way it's being used.
(09-09-2018, 08:00 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not trying to say that Reggie doesn't work at all, I'm trying to say that there might be a problem with the specific way it's being used.

I think I've found half of the issue. It doesn't work, if the ISO is currently open in programs like WiiScrubber. Now the Dolphin Window opens with a black screen saying "Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF", when I click okay it says "SetupWiiMemory: Can't create setting.txt file". When I click okay it says "Fifo shutting down while active". Then it closes. Happens to the original ISO now as well.
(09-09-2018, 08:16 PM)CRUGG Wrote: [ -> ]Now the Dolphin Window opens with a black screen saying "Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF", when I click okay it says "SetupWiiMemory: Can't create setting.txt file". When I click okay it says "Fifo shutting down while active". Then it closes. Happens to the original ISO now as well.

This means that Dolphin is unable to write to the directory where it keeps its config and saves. Check the permissions of the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents. Not sure what makes that problem happen, though...
(09-09-2018, 08:24 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This means that Dolphin is unable to write to the directory where it keeps its config and saves. Check the permissions of the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents. Not sure what makes that problem happen, though...
I think I finally found the answer:
- Close WiiScrubber before playing
- Restart Dolphin when edits were made.