Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wiimote controller going crazy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

maverick

So I have two Wii controller. Both connect well with Dolphin 5.x ...

However when I play sometimes some buttons don't seem to respond ... or Mario is still walking left for several seconds while I already press right ages ago.

So I suspect something is bad with my bluetooth connection like to my connection.

I am not using an external bluetooth dongle but the internal bluethooth capabilities of my motherboard.

So before I buy some external bluetooth dongle, could this really be a problem related to a bad bluetooth connection?

And 2nd ... what kind of bluetooth dongle should I buy to avoid further problems?

I remember using the same Wii controllers with Windows 8.1 and older versions of Dolphin a few years a ago and can't remember any problems.

However I have moved since then and there are many (many many) WLANs in this house.

Not sure what is going on or if there is some other solution for the problem.

I tried two different controllers. Same result.
Get latest dev build and try again.

maverick

I'm using the lastest build.

Also tried 4.0 ... same result.
Sounds like it might be the bluetooth, what is the internal one you have now?

maverick

(09-09-2018, 12:34 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it might be the bluetooth, what is the internal one you have now?

I don't really now. It just says something with ASUS ... will have detailed look later since I am at my MacBook atm. (It's the one on my ASUS motherboard)

In the past months I also had problems with my Playstation 4 controller when playing regular Windows games using bluetooth. It just didn't work very well with lots of connection losses. So I started using a USB cable and things were fine. 

I am almost certain it is a bluetooth problem. Will try with the Playstation 4 controller via bluetooth later and see if I run into trouble too. 

Would it be helpful to by some high end external bluetooth dongle or could this harm the situation since the Wiimote is using some older spec bluetooth version?

I tried some Logitech bluetooth dongle I had for my keyboard but it only seems to work with the keyboard and not other hardware. 

The Wiimote, it sometimes just does crazy stuff. Sometimes it vibrates for no obvious reason or the character doesn't stop moving and no matter what I press, the character is just not responding and sometimes I get lucky and survive and sometimes I die. 

I would say 99% this is some bluetooth problem. Just wanted some backround on what kind of bluetooth dongle I should buy. 
(09-09-2018, 07:21 PM)maverick Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be helpful to by some high end external bluetooth dongle or could this harm the situation since the Wiimote is using some older spec bluetooth version?

I would say 99% this is some bluetooth problem. Just wanted some backround on what kind of bluetooth dongle I should buy. 

I don't see how it could hurt a wiimote.

Probably could look at this list:

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough