Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dualshock 4 controller only works while plugged in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Durg

Hi all,

I've been trying to get a Sony Dualshock 4 controller to work with Dolphin while unplugged, and have come up stumped. If the controller is plugged in, it works absolutely fine. If the controller is connected via Bluetooth, the emulator recognizes that it's there (it appears in the drop-down menu) but won't register any inputs from the controller. (The sticks and buttons do nothing.)

The controller works fine via Bluetooth with Steam games, etc. Only Dolphin behaves this way, and only with this controller. I have a wireless 8Bitdo controller that works perfectly with Dolphin while connected via Bluetooth.

I've tried using Inputmapper and DS4Windows, and have had no luck. Both these programs cause my DS4 to act as a keyboard and mouse: The Dpad does nothing, the left stick acts as the arrow keys, the right stick moves the mouse, etc. I've tried screwing around with the settings in both these programs and have had no luck.

The weird thing is, one time, for some reason, it worked. I don't know why. I connected the controller to the PC, started up Dolphin, and started playing Smash bros. After a few minutes, it struck me that I hadn't plugged in the controller! I exited and re-opened Dolphin, and it was still working. I restarted my PC, tried it again, and it had gone back to not working.

Thanks for any input, really want to play some Project M on the sofa with my brother!!!

Love,

Me

anonymous4201337

I have the same issue does anyone have a solution for this? Playing plugged in sucks becauseĀ  I do not have a lot of usb ports on my laptop. IĀ  wish I could play with bluetooth.