Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: R5 2600, GTX 1050 Ti for 1080p Gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.

I was wondering if a Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1050 Ti combo would be enough to play the following games at 1080p, 60fps:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Trauma Center: New Blood
Trauma Team
Dragonball: RKP
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Donkey Kong: Country Returns
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Party

Keep in mind that I have a budget of around $1250 CAD (about $1000 USD), and this a multi-purpose build. You can see the full list here.

Thanks in advance.
Should be good for most games, not sure about SMG or TP
Should run everything you listed flawlessly.
Strongly advise against the Kingston ssd as their secondhand eeproms are notoriously slower and less reliable than first party brands like SanDisk or Samsung, who sell their B-stock to Kingston and others. I would also look up comparisons for your thermal paste and air cooler for performance/$ against a hyper 212+/evo and artic silver 5. Excellent choice of motherboard in Asus. The power supply is overpowered and will perform LESS efficiently than a lower powered one, because psus perform most efficiently within their midrange, and, for example, my computer has 3 spinning sata disks, an rx580, nvme ssd, ryzen1600x, 16gb ram, etc and going full bore maxed out in synthetic benchmarks I draw ~400W from the wall, according to my kill-a-watt. In general, while gaming I will be drawing around 300W, which is perfect for my 80platinum 550W psu.

I guesstimate you could free $50 by getting a hyper 212+evo, AS5, and a more reasonable psu,which should allow you to get a Samsung brand ssd. If you dig super deep for memory you might be able to get a 2800 or 3000mhz kit for slightly less/on sale and OC it to 3200 and maybe get an nvme drive, but your data is precious and quality of storage device imho should always come before speed.
??

a bargin bin SSD is faster than virtually every HDD ever. I use a shitty 1 TB ADATA SSD for over two years now in my systems and it's still the fastest thing I could really need.

Nobody needs top ranking SSDs

yeah they went overkill on the PSU
PSU is for overclocking/deal headroom. I recently found a $400 1070 Ti, which I may use, so the 650 should be fair.
The failure rates of lower end ssds is higher and the failure modes are more severe e.g., the drive will more commonly suddenly not boot rather than throwing SMART errors, etc. If he's not storing anything important on the computer it's not a big deal. Reliability > speed IMO, but I didn't say that an unreliable ssd would be slower than an hdd.

Psu is appropriate for two cards, then. Well specced system if that was your intention, did you look into the air cooler at all? Also forgot to mention that if you have a good cooler the X model of that cpu will really take advantage of it. I'm probably going to upgrade in the near future because it's been shown to OC itself further than the first gen and I could use a little boost for citra, given that I can't use my gpu with it. Darn ogl...
If you do upgrade, I love the B450-F from Asus, which is why I'm using it here. It has most X470 features, but without the extreme price tag.
--
Anyways, it's impossible to use different GPUs (like a 1070 and 1080) in SLI, lol. I had that PSU (and I downgraded from it to a SeaSonic FOCUS 550) for upgradability and ease of overclocking. I also didn't list some parts that I already owned, namely a capture card, an SSD (240GB) and HDD (1TB), which would add to the build's power consumption (yes ik this is my fault).

Other suggestions?