Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Sunshine Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While playing Sunshine on Dolphin I've encountered many problems. 1. Opening the map lags the game horribly (and yes ive looked at the wiki. the fix there didnt work for me) 2. Cutscenes and gameplay with lots of action and moving parts are very laggy. (I first encountered this during the scene where shadow mario kidnaps Peach in Delfino Plaza. That scene was laggy and the gameplay afterward where you stop him was also incredibly laggy. Does anyone have any fixes for these issues?
Are you running Dolphin at Native resolution with no enhancements?
(09-01-2018, 01:31 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running Dolphin at Native resolution with no enhancements?

I am running at Native resolution. Im not familiar with the enhancements so heres a screenshot 
Enhancements are literally anything else on that tab that has been turned up to more than 1x.

Since you're not running any enhancements, it sounds like you're either hitting a CPU or GPU bottleneck. Probably CPU. But lets check some things to see if we can fix this.
1. Make sure you have the latest Nvidia GPU drivers
2. In the Nvidia Control Panel, make sure you have a profile setup for Dolphin to use Maximum performance under power management. (Under Manage 3D settings > Program Settings)
3. Check that you have all the Windows updates installed.
4. Under Windows Power Management, make sure you're running a High Performance power plan.
5. Under the Graphics tab, in General, try switching to the D3D 11 backend and at the bottom, switch over to Asynchronous Shaders and precompile
6. Check out overclocking your CPU. You've got a CPU based on the Piledriver architecture, which has low single-core IPC. So overclocking will give you more performance that you might need.
You have a low end, 6-year-old AMD processor. It couldn't be worse for emulation. Except a low end, 7-year-old AMD processor.

Your GPU may be NVIDIA, but it is very old and weak too.
But you can always try updating the GPU drivers like KHg8m3r said. The most recent one is 399.07.
Although I doubt it will help, unless the driver you currently have installed is a few years old.
Slowest action in a game that uses EFB Peeks/EFB2RAM is slow on a slow computer. More news at 7.
(09-01-2018, 05:25 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Enhancements are literally anything else on that tab that has been turned up to more than 1x.

Since you're not running any enhancements, it sounds like you're either hitting a CPU or GPU bottleneck. Probably CPU. But lets check some things to see if we can fix this.
1. Make sure you have the latest Nvidia GPU drivers
2. In the Nvidia Control Panel, make sure you have a profile setup for Dolphin to use Maximum performance under power management. (Under Manage 3D settings > Program Settings)
3. Check that you have all the Windows updates installed.
4. Under Windows Power Management, make sure you're running a High Performance power plan.
5. Under the Graphics tab, in General, try switching to the D3D 11 backend and at the bottom, switch over to Asynchronous Shaders and precompile
6. Check out overclocking your CPU. You've got a CPU based on the Piledriver architecture, which has low single-core IPC. So overclocking will give you more performance that you might need.
Thank you so much! This fixed all of my problems