Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: (Dolphin 5.0) Memory Card troubles and Game freezing in SA2B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Silverstaraptor

I've been using Dolphin for a few years, and this is the first problem I haven't been able to either resolve myself or find support threads on. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've been playing SA2B on this computer and this version of Dolphin for a couple months, and everything worked great. I got through most of the game fine.

The problem started when I used save slots a lot to get through the final level, Cannon's Core. The game sent up a notification that the memory card had been removed, and that I either had to reinsert it or proceed without saving. I tried re-loading, but it kept popping up, and then the chao garden started treating me as through I was in a new file. I found a support thread here that suggested deleting config/dolphin.ini and reloading dolphin, and that fixed things for about a week.

Now my recent progress is forgotten when I close dolphin, and the game keeps freezing and making static sounds when I enter levels. Deleting config/dolpin.ini isn't working.

Again, any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I'd forgotten to format the memory card, and deleting config/dolphin.ini had changed a setting back to dualcore, which the wiki says causes issues on some levels. Everything seems to be resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience!
All is good as long as your problem is solved.