Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Doplin 5.0 crashes in same spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DragnBane

I apologize if this has been posted before, I have spent the better part of an hour searching for a fix to this issue. im trying to play Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, and every time it gets to the intro scene, where the boat is floating, i hit A to continue, i get a white screen and then the entire program crashes....no warning, no boxes, its like im hitting the X to close it out.....im stumped...also, this is happening on my laptop
If you actually are using Dolphin 5.0 stable, update to the latest development version. If it doesn't work with that either, change the graphics backend to OpenGL.

But it's weird, I would expect the game to softlock once Professor Frankly tries to open the gate instead... If you're using 5.0 or newer, the problem with the boat intro scene only really tends to happen on Android devices with bad drivers.

DragnBane

I tried using opengl, but i keepo getting the message i Need opengl version 3, but can find no way to fix it. and i havent been able to get past the opening scene with the boat havent played the game at all, and am on windows 10....not mobile....so im not sure, that is where my issue came from, when I googled the issue, it was always people asking for mobile devices, none for pc...if i had a way of posting a short video, id show you the error. easy to reproduce.
(08-31-2018, 04:55 AM)DragnBane Wrote: [ -> ]I tried using opengl, but i keepo getting the message i Need opengl version 3, but can find no way to fix it.

Just to make sure, you are using a recent development version, right? There was a bug in 5.0 stable that made Dolphin think certain types of Intel GPUs didn't meet the requirements even though they did.

DragnBane

I just updated to the development version and its letting me past that point...thank you very much! ive been wanting to play this game ever since i played Paper Mario