Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Kirby Air Ride crashes Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's very weird, but that's what's happening. When I try to enter a course the emulator crashes and then Windows pops up that message "the video driver recovered from an error".

The bug happens with the Direct3D11 video backend. With OpenGL it works fine.

I'm using the latest video drivers for my card, which are from Dec 2016. Undecided

My setup:
Win 7 x64
E8400
GTX 285
Dolphin 5.0-8625-x64

Thank you for any help. Wink
I believe windows 7 is missing some DX features, not sure if that's what the problem here is (perhaps in combination with your older GPU).
(08-24-2018, 11:13 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe windows 7 is missing some DX features, not sure if that's what the problem here is (perhaps in combination with your older GPU).

Thanks for your reply. Isn't there a way to know exactly what is crashing the emu?
Setup MSVC, compile Dolphin yourself (there should be instructions on github - it's not too hard!) and run it with the debugger. Then you should be able to give a stacktrace and from that we can determine why it's crashing and potentially work-around the issue or fix it if it's on our end.