Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GPU suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

patters1978

Hi everyone

Just brought a second hand system to primary run some emulators as well as getting back into CS:GO

My specs are

I7 3820
Gigabyte ga-X79-UD3
16gb ddr3 1600 ram
1gb Radeon 5400 gpu

Now I’m looking to upgrade the gpu I haven’t got loads of money so looking for used any suggestions?

Cheers
What's your budget?

A gtx 1050TI can be had new for $150, can play Dolphin at 4K and most PC games at 1080p/60.

Used those GPUs go for about $100-125

If you're very lucky you can get a used RX 470 which is a good deal more powerful (For PC games, irrelevant for Dolphin at that point) on ebay for $125, but those are sold out new so you probably won't have much luck there.
It would probably be best to wait until after the Geforce RTX cards are totally out. Even if you aren't in the market for one, it should drop the prices of the 10 series cards!
They uh, didn't even announce the low end cards.....

I wouldn't bother waiting for those. Everybody always says to wait for the new cards because the old cards will drop more in price but the price drops are always trivial in the low end cards. A GTX 960 is only around $30 cheaper for a 2 gen old GPU

EDIT: Actually, if you want to go that route, might as well suggest a GTX 970, which is roughly 50% but $20 more expensive, and 2 gens old now.
NVIDIA dropping prices, not gonna happen