Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Small issue with Luigi's Mansion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure this has been brought up many times before, but in the intro cutscene where Luigi is walking towards the mansion his face flickers a little, also everytime Luigi walks towards the mansion after just having visited the professor this happens too along with the hose part for his vacuum device.

I've got Dolphin 5.0 (deliberately downloaded that version as it was the last confirmed stable release) and the only changes i've made to the settings... apart from fullscreen, enabling v-sync and hiding the mouse cursor... was changing the internal resolution to 3x Native and the Anisotropic Filtering to 4x. I read somewhere that un-checking the "Ignore Format Changes" option in Hacks would fix this but it made no difference. Apart from this 1 minor little thing, the game runs perfect and the visuals look stunning... so can this one little bug be fixed?

My specs (incase needed)

Operating System : Windows 10 Home x64
SSD : Samsung 960 Evo M.2 250GB NVMe
Motherboard : Asrock B250M-pro4
CPU : i5-7500 @ 3.4GHz
GPU : Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming
RAM : 16GB (DDR4)
Power Supply : Antec 500W
Internal HD storage : 1.5TB
Capture Card : Elgato HD60 Pro
Enabling EFB Copies to Texture + RAM (uncheck EFB Copies to Texture Only) fixes the flickering. Single-Core mode too.
(08-24-2018, 01:45 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Enabling EFB Copies to Texture + RAM (uncheck EFB Copies to Texture Only) fixes the flickering. Single-Core mode too.

[color=#111111]Thanks so much mate. I unchecked that box and it's perfect now [/color]Big Grin[color=#111111] Just where you said that last bit... this is probably a dumb question seeing as i just said it's working fine now, but do i have to do Single-Core mode or just leave as is and if i do then where do i find that option? (I am NOT a tech-savvy person... i don't even know what [/color][color=black]Anisotropic Filtering even is, i just did that cause one time in the past ages ago someone recommended to do that)[/color]
If it's working fine you can just leave it as it is (Single Core is going to be slower anyway), but if you need it, it's just disabling Dual Core in General.
(08-24-2018, 02:16 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]If it's working fine you can just leave it as it is (Single Core is going to be slower anyway), but if you need it, it's just disabling Dual Core in General.

Okie dokie. Thanks for your help to both of ya's. Cheers.